Always Crazy, Always Fun, Always Love

Ray Romano once compared life with twins to living in a frat house. As he put it, "no one sleeps, there is a lot of noise and a lot of throwing up." I find this very true with 4 young children, including twins. However, though things are always crazy, we always try to have fun and, most certainly, always love each other.

Sunday, March 30, 2008

Happy Birthday Aaron! Parts II and III

This is why I love having lots of family that we live so close to. The kids get lots of time with grandparents and we often get to celebrate our birthdays 2 or 3 times. We celebrated on Aaron's birthday last Tuesday. His parents weren't able to come that day, so they had us over for dinner on Saturday.

This is Aaron's Dad, Chuck, with Meghan and Kenny. Jacob stands beside Aaron's step-mom, Debbie, who is holding Ellen.

Ellie rocks in their kid-size rocking chair!

Aaron is with his sister Rachael, who is expecting her first child at the end of May. We were celebrating her birthday as well. Notice the raging river in the background? It is literally in their back yard. It was a bit scary because we had gotten a lot of rain and snow and it was running several mph faster and was about 15 feet higher than normal!

Then, On Sunday, my parents had us over for dinner to celebrate his birthday!

My sister even made this gorgeous cake for him!

Right before we left, I remembered I wanted to snap a picture. This is Aaron with my mom, Sara, and all the kiddos again(L to R, Jacob, Ellie, Meghan, Kenny). My dad was there, but missed the picture..... As you can tell, the girls were over tired and not feeling very patient! :)

Our Families are awesome! :)

4 comments:

Kelly said...

I too love having family close by- we celebrate everyone's birthday at my parents house- it is so nice! Your girls always look cute, even when they are tired. Ellen was adorable yesterday in primary= she is getting so big! I love it!

Katie said...

I would be so nervous for with my kids around that river. No doubt one of them would have the desire to jump right in.

I love that your sister chose a pink flowery cake to celebrate Aarons birthday. It looks delicious.

Suzanne said...

You're right. That river is high and looks inviting from a child's eye. I can see why Aaron's dad loves being there close to the water with his boats. So fun yet scary with the little ones around!

Amanda B. said...

This is Aaron posting. re: Katies comment.

one little known fact about me is that I LOVE strawberry cake with Strawberry icing... I request it every year for my birthday.

Amandas Sister Sara Emily created this one just for me, she even used her pampered chef cake thing and made the insides look like a checkerboard with Strawberry & Vanilla on THREE LAYERS!~!!

it was amazing, and soooo tasty!

I think next year it will be a Strawberry/Chocolate checkerboard.
I personally wont care, as long as its got strawberry cake and strawberry icing on it. :) :)