Always Crazy, Always Fun, Always Love

Ray Romano once compared life with twins to living in a frat house. As he put it, "no one sleeps, there is a lot of noise and a lot of throwing up." I find this very true with 4 young children, including twins. However, though things are always crazy, we always try to have fun and, most certainly, always love each other.

Thursday, April 10, 2008

Baby Girls Checkup

It just seems unreal that the girls are 15 mos old already! Today was their 15 month checkup and they are growing like weeds! They are just perfect! Here are their growth stats:

Meghan: height- 33in. weight- 24 lbs. 4 oz. (70% for weight, 90th % for height)
Ellen: height- 34 in. weight- 27 lbs. 12 oz. (95th %ile for both)

They did a test to check for autism risk and they passed with flying colors. They aren't talking much yet- both girls say "uh-oh" and I think I have heard Ellie try to say "Thank you" and Meghan may have said "da-da" when it wasn't by accident, but still not sure it was real. But, they do communicate well using signs. They do really well with them. Their favorites are "eat", "more", "all done", "bath", "drink", "pacifier" & "fish".

I asked the doctor about their chronically snotty noses- they have been snotty since Christmas, aside from a short 2 week reprieve in March. She said it is most likely viral- that they just keep sharing it since they share pacifiers and such. But, if it isn't better in a few weeks when the weather is consistently good, then she will start to look into allergies.

The only bummer to the day is that we learned our doctor is leaving the practice. We love Dr. "S" and are very saddened by this. (I am avoiding last names and cities in this blog, but Katie & Melissa- you know who I am talking about.) She is leaving to start her own practice- which is good for her, bad for us. Her new practice will be about 20 min. away; which isn't impossible- but right now, it is only 5 min. away. It is more practical to have a closer doctor when you are competing with an ill child, nap schedules and school pick up times. So, we will see how it goes. All the other doctors we have seen there are good also- only one that I haven't liked- so we should be able to find another doctor we like. It is just a bummer- she is an awesome pediatrician. One of those where you can feel free to ask a question, no matter how simple and she doesn't make you feel stupid or talk over your head. She is very personable and friendly and happy and connects well with the kids.

Anyway, I am grateful to have two babies that are so healthy and doing so well. They are so much fun. 3 years ago, if you would have asked me if I wanted twins I would have said "no way"- but now I can't imagine life any other way! Just goes to show that our Heavenly Father knows what is best for us. I thank Him daily for all 4 of my beautiful babies!

4 comments:

Katie said...

Good for Dr. S. She is incredible. I love that she validates every question...especially as a first time mom.

I love tracking your twins growth. I love how different they are. You're my first friend with twins so I find it all so interesting.

Kelly said...

I love that they are 15 months old- only 3 more till nursery!! Yah!! They are so cute and I look forward to reading all about them as they change and grow- yes, they are truly adorable!

Valarie said...

They are so cute....and so big! My baby, Alaina (10 months) has also been snotty for the last 4 months. It just seems like those are the kind of viruses going around this year. If only you could turn snot into gold.....
I think twins would be so much fun. I would have loved having twins.

Suzanne said...

It's always great to get that "ok" from the Dr. that all is well. Hopefully their snotty noses will clear up so you don't have to do the allergy testing!