Always Crazy, Always Fun, Always Love

Ray Romano once compared life with twins to living in a frat house. As he put it, "no one sleeps, there is a lot of noise and a lot of throwing up." I find this very true with 4 young children, including twins. However, though things are always crazy, we always try to have fun and, most certainly, always love each other.

Friday, April 4, 2008

Elliebean

Elliebean is our nickname for Ellie (which is a nickname for Ellen :)) This post is for her- I just had to post some cute pictures and tell a couple stories about her. She recently said her first word, which is still her only word. It is "uh-oh!" She is quite hilarious with it! She will do something like, hold out her sippy cup, smile and say "uh-oh" and then drop it on purpose. Very funny! She is our cuddle bug. Loves to give hugs and sit quietly on your lap. She is very inquisitive and likes to check things out.
This picture is from a trip to COSI in January.
In November, we went on a trip to Florida. I was still nursing the girls, so we would stop every few hours and I would nurse one in the front seat while Aaron held the other. In the above picture, he was holding Ellie in the drivers seat. She actually figured out how to turn on the turn signals and she kept doing it and laughing about it.

Also, while in Florida, we went to the beach. I put both babies down in the sand. Ellie wasn't so sure she liked it and started fussing, so I picked her up. After she settled, I put her back down and she gradually started to check it out. This is another good picture showing her inquisitive nature as she studies the sand. Look how short her hair is- you can just barely make out the hint of a curl forming in the back. Check out the next picture taken March 1st:

This isn't the best shot- I should really take a picture of the back of her hair. It is even more curly now! But, you can see the curls really starting to form. Just gorgeous! I think someday soon I will do a post with pictures of both girls (as we fondly sometimes call them Elliebean and Nutmeg! :)) and talk a little about what it is like having twins, as that is a question I get a lot.

4 comments:

Katie said...

I always assume twins will be similar in personalities. These two are so different. I hope that helps them be better friends. Cute. cute.

Kelly said...

She is adorable, and so fun! I love her cute curl and those are great pictures. I can't wait to see them grow and change even more- you have your work cut out for you!!

trentnjeanmorello said...

what cute pictures! I bet they will love the sand when they get older!

Autumn said...

Aww. So cute! I love "uh oh" when kids say it. Amanda, I just tried to click on your link through my blog and couldn't-because it wasn't there! Ah. I'm sorry. I though I did it when I did Abbey's. Just so you know I wasn't trying to leave you off!! :)