Always Crazy, Always Fun, Always Love

Ray Romano once compared life with twins to living in a frat house. As he put it, "no one sleeps, there is a lot of noise and a lot of throwing up." I find this very true with 4 young children, including twins. However, though things are always crazy, we always try to have fun and, most certainly, always love each other.

Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Kenny and Tornadoes

My friend, Suzanne, and I were talking about this last night and it occurred to me that I should write about it. For some strange reason that I don't understand, Kenny (age 6 1/2) is fascinated by tornadoes. He has been for as long as I can remember. He isn't really even afraid of them- just fascinated by them. He can spot a tornado siren anywhere. We can be flying down the freeway at 70 mph and he will say, "Hey mom, there is a tornado siren!!" He tends to be incredibly observant anyway- he gets it from Aaron. They both always see things I never would have noticed otherwise. Even at school, when they were asked to make a picture representation for 3+5=8, he drew pictures of 3 tornadoes, + 5 tornadoes and then drew a picture of 8 tornadoes.

Last week, he was on spring break and we went to a play group at Delinda's house. She had a Little Tykes doll house that her kids no longer play with but my kids always do, so she gave it to us. (They love it and play with it everyday!) We brought it home and Kenny went on to play with it for the afternoon. Yes, it is a "girl toy"- but it was new, so he thought it was pretty cool. He set up all the dolls and furniture and such. Then, he got out some paper and made trees and cut them out. He set them up outside the house to make a path- like a tree lined street for the car. Then, he made a tornado siren and cut it out. Next, he drew a tornado and cut it out. Then, the tornado proceeded to destroy everything he had set up.

Yep.....he's a boy! :)

(note- the only child I haven't yet posted about is Ellie- I will post about her soon, I didn't forget her! :))


4 comments:

Katie said...

I LOVE this story. Not just a boy, but a creative one. That is great.

Abbey said...

So creative. You can tell the wheels are turning. Dont you just love sitting back and watching your children in action.

Suzanne said...

You will love reading these memories years down the road. And so will his future wife!!

STUFFellaneous said...

LOVE IT!!!