Always Crazy, Always Fun, Always Love

Ray Romano once compared life with twins to living in a frat house. As he put it, "no one sleeps, there is a lot of noise and a lot of throwing up." I find this very true with 4 young children, including twins. However, though things are always crazy, we always try to have fun and, most certainly, always love each other.

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Let's go fly a Kite!!!

For Jacob's birthday, he got two kites. The kids have been so excited to try them out. Today was a perfect spring day. Upper 60's, slightly breezy- so we took advantage of it! We had a ball! He got a Spider Man and a Cars kite. Here are some pictures!

Aaron gets things started, showing the boys how they work!
For being simple kites, they work very well and both boys get the rhythm right away!
Look at Jacob go!!
The girls finally got released from the stroller and had a blast running across the field!


And they just LOVE the baby swings!

Anyway, it was a perfect evening. Everyone was sad when it was time to go home, but had a great time.

I love spring!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8 comments:

Katie said...

It has been super windy here. We got the boys $1 plastic kites and can't get them up for anything. It shouldn't be a problem with this major wind. I think we need to invest in a decent kite. It looks like a picture perfect evening. I've already forgotten how green Ohio is.

Suzanne said...

Spencer saw me looking at these pictures and now he wants me to find his kite. I enjoy watching kites fly but the wind is my least favorite weather condition so I'm not a very fun mom when it comes to flying kites. It was beautiful yesterday and today is supposed to be even warmer. It's wonderful:)

trentnjeanmorello said...

I love flying kites!!! I bet it was SO fun!

Autumn said...

what a PERFECT way to enjoy this terrific weather!!! How fun.

Kelly said...

That looks so fun! I haven't flown a kite since I was a kid= my children would love this! Thanks for the great idea!!

Emilee said...

they look so cute. i bet they all and you, had fun!
Em!

Valarie said...

Awwww. That looks like so much fun. I love spring too. I am so jealous of that pretty, soft-looking, green grass. The grass in Florida is like straw. It's painful to walk outside in your bare feet.

Kristin said...

Amanda,I am so jealous. I have never, ever, EVER had any successful family outings that involved kites! Maybe I should spend more than a quarter on the kites, or maybe I should make a heftier offering to the wind gods...