Always Crazy, Always Fun, Always Love

Ray Romano once compared life with twins to living in a frat house. As he put it, "no one sleeps, there is a lot of noise and a lot of throwing up." I find this very true with 4 young children, including twins. However, though things are always crazy, we always try to have fun and, most certainly, always love each other.

Saturday, April 26, 2008

Most Embarrassing Moment Tag

I have been tagged by Bonnie to share my most embarrassing moment. I had to think on it a bit, I think because I try to block all those awful moments out of my memory. At first, I could only remember small things- things that are embarrassing, but not too humiliating. For example, I have been a victim of walking out of the church bathroom with my skirt caught in my hose. Thankfully, my friend Delinda was nearby to save that one from becoming too humiliating....

But then, I remembered. I admit, it still probably isn't the worst- I have probably had even worse that I have blocked out, and no doubt others have worse. But, this one is definitely bad enough that I am a bit shy to write about it for all to read. This is because it could have been avoided if I had just thought things through a little better.

Anyway, enough rambling. When I was in college and attending the university ward of my church, I was really excited to go to a particular activity. There was a boy there that I was developing a bit of a crush on and I hoped his feelings were becoming the same. I was running late and could only think of getting there as fast as I could. I had to stop and get gas on the way. While filling my car, I spilled some gas on me. The thought of going back home and changing my clothes seemed like it would be a horrific amount of time, since I was already late and way anxious to just get there. I went into the bathroom and washed my hands and wiped off my shoes, where it seemed to be the most of it. I convinced myself I had taken care of the worst of it and it would be fine and I went on to the activity. I sat next to this boy, and sure enough him and everyone around me noticed the smell of a gas station sitting near them. I was so humiliated and angry with myself for not taking time to go home and change and clean up more thoroughly. I had to admit what had happened and I just wanted to die! I felt like such an idiot!

Although, in the end, I suppose he didn't think too horribly of me, because even though I smelled like a walking gas station, at the end of the evening he invited me to go to a baseball game that weekend with him and a group of other people from the ward. I was hoping that maybe since he invited me, he didn't think I was TOO much of a loser. He and I went on to be good friends as Aaron and I became engaged and got married, but I haven't talked to him since. I think I heard he is married with kids as well.

So, there you go- evidence in writing of the big dork that I really am. And, the fun part, is I get to tag some people. I tag Bylle, Katie and Kelly. I'll be looking for it! :)

5 comments:

Kelly said...

That is a funny moment, and I have done that! Just the other day I spilled gas on my shoes, and I reaked until I went home and scrubbed it off! I will have to spend some time thinking of a moment to share, but trust me, there is no shortage of embarassing moments in my life!

trentnjeanmorello said...

Okay I am tagged...but I will need some time because I have had A LOT of embarrassing moments in my life.

Katie said...

You call that embarrassing? Just wait. I've got some doozies!

Actually, that is pretty funny. EVERYTHING becomes embarrassing when it involves a boy you're crushing on.

Katie said...

Ok...holding hands is WAY funnier than putting your arm around some one. I've gone back and read your comment on my blog a couple of times now. I'm laughing even now just thinking about it. Seriously...laughing out loud.

STUFFellaneous said...

Love it!