Always Crazy, Always Fun, Always Love

Ray Romano once compared life with twins to living in a frat house. As he put it, "no one sleeps, there is a lot of noise and a lot of throwing up." I find this very true with 4 young children, including twins. However, though things are always crazy, we always try to have fun and, most certainly, always love each other.

Friday, May 2, 2008

31 Cents X 6 = Lots of Fun!

On Wednesday, we went to Baskin Robbins for their 31 cent scoop night. What an adventure! It was actually more like "31 cents X 5 + a regular scoop for Aaron because he didn't want a "baby" scoop." But, that would have made a long title. We saw several friends from church and enjoyed chatting while waiting in a line that went out the building and around a corner. Really though, the line wasn't bad. Of course, we took some pictures to mark the occasion...
Jacob really enjoyed his chocolate chip on a cone. Kenny loved his penguin swirl in a cup and did a great job of getting it all over his face and shirt!Kenny was full of energy today. He was very excited by the event. While I was paying for the ice cream, I was oblivious to his doings until an employee said something about paying for the chocolate milks. I didn't understand until I turned around and saw Kenny opening two chocolate milks that he had taken out of the cooler. (At least he was considerate to get one for his brother as well!) Luckily he only got the lid off, not the seal, so we quickly said "no!" and put them back in the cooler. A bit embarrassing, as everyone in the restaurant stopped to watch. I talked to him later, telling him we had to pay for those and he said "Oh.." I really think he just didn't understand it was like a regular store, since they were in a cooler off to the side.

Don't let these pictures of the girls fool you, they really weren't into the ice cream. Meghan (green jacket) only tried one bite. Ellie (pink jacket) had a few bites, but wasn't much into it either. Who did they get THAT from? Not Aaron or I!Thanks, Suzanne, for snapping this picture for us! Please don't look too close at me, I realized what a bad hair day I was having after looking at this picture.

Anyway, it was just nice to get out as a family. We rarely go out for ice cream, so it was a nice, and cheap, treat! Yum!

5 comments:

Suzanne said...

That was a fun night out! It's good to do that occasionally especially for us mom's at home all day! Your hair looked fine too. The drinks were pretty funny. He was so proud of himself for getting them. He didn't know one probably cost more than all the ice cream you got. They are so innocent!!

Katie said...

I totally missed out on that one. Looks fun.

Autumn said...

How fun. Great pictures.

Kelly said...

That was fun, and I love the price and that we all met there- great times!

Benjamin Vogt said...

Hey Mandy! Thanks for commenting on my blog--Jackie had told me you were reading it. Hopefully, you've not formed any bad opinions about me. I have of you.... (sarcasm). 31 cent ice cream night looks a bit messy, otherwise I'd ask to go along.