Always Crazy, Always Fun, Always Love

Ray Romano once compared life with twins to living in a frat house. As he put it, "no one sleeps, there is a lot of noise and a lot of throwing up." I find this very true with 4 young children, including twins. However, though things are always crazy, we always try to have fun and, most certainly, always love each other.

Friday, May 9, 2008

$78.50

If this were Jeopardy, the question would be.....

How much did I spend on gas in the van today?

ugh..... Not to mention the $55 that Aaron spent fueling his car (which wasn't even empty yet, whereas mine was on fumes!) or the unmentionable amount of money I just spent on groceries. I am honestly feeling a bit sick to my stomach. We have spent a good amount of our money and haven't even paid bills yet.....

Is anyone else stressing at all?

8 comments:

Kelly said...

It really is awful, huh? I am trying to control my spending on non-essential items, just to pay for food and gas! It is terrible!! If it gets higher, I will probably be forced to give up shopping all the time- what on earth will I do then?!

Suzanne said...

It's completely insane! It makes me second guess driving places I don't really need to go. Something has to change. I've been stocking up on food storage too just in case it get's even more out of control.

Abbey said...

It is out of control crazy. We are feeling the pinch too. Thank goodness for President Bushs checks to all of us!!! Huh?

trentnjeanmorello said...

It's crazy, but it is going to get worse. Today at Church we talked a lot in Relief Society about food storage and how RIGHT NOW you need to have your food storage...

It's interesting that you brought this up because my parents, Trent and I were talking about it this evening as well.

Jen said...

Hey Amanda,
I found your link on Kristin's blog and I wanted to meet you! I just delivered twin boys three months ago. Is it not the most wonderful things ever to be blessed with TWO beautiful little spirits at the same time? How old are your girls? Any tips? I have seven other children also, but I've never done two at a time! It's not easy, but worth every minute!
I agree about the gas prices. I live in Mexico, where it's a little cheaper, but I drive a 15-passenger van, so we also suffer with the outrageous prices. What to do?

Jen said...

Hi again, Amanda. It's funny that you ask how I know Kristin. I'll just answer by saying we shared the same womb! Just five years apart! Isn't she the best girl ever? I just love meeting other mom's with twins. We are hard to come by and I think no one can understand how it is unless you have twins yourself.
It's really great to hear that you've breastfed your twins. I get so many comments of disbelief and discouragement, that it's really nice to talk to someone else who has actually done it. It's going really well and I've never had to supplement. They've doubled in weight since they were born and somehow I am able to just let other things go so I can give them what they need.
Great talking to you! Let us know if you are ever in Northern Mexico!

Autumn said...

ITS INSANE!!!!!!!!!!!!

STUFFellaneous said...

The last time I filled up my van: $79.16. Needless to say, I'm not going out much these days.