Always Crazy, Always Fun, Always Love

Ray Romano once compared life with twins to living in a frat house. As he put it, "no one sleeps, there is a lot of noise and a lot of throwing up." I find this very true with 4 young children, including twins. However, though things are always crazy, we always try to have fun and, most certainly, always love each other.

Sunday, May 11, 2008

My Family is the Best!

I just had to brag a bit about the wonderful mothers day my family has given me. I feel so spoiled and so honored to be Aaron's wife and my kids mom. They are wonderful! Thanks for the wonderful day! I think this has been one of my best mothers days ever. I love being a mom- it is what I always wanted and feel so blessed and grateful just to be their mom. I thank my Father in Heaven nearly everyday in my prayers for sending them to me. Here are some pictures of what they have done for me, along with the stories to go with them.

First, I got to sleep in- which is always nice. Aaron got up and changed baby diapers, fed everyone breakfast and made me a yummy breakfast of eggs, toast and juice. (He even made lunch AND dinner AND he and the boys did dishes while I typed this!) I was woken up by Kenny, presenting the card he made at school that he had been anxiously waiting to give me. He talked about it every day and just couldn't wait. See it in the picture below- the mosaic with his name.
Also, in the above picture is the rabbit made out of towels they made in Sunday School, and the homemade cards they made (sooooo cute!).

Aaron is not always the best at getting cards, which I tease him about because I get him cards for everything. So, he decided to make it up to me:
Hilarious, huh? And the message in it was really sweet too. Here are the other gifts he gave me:
The little vase was something I had seen and hinted about. It is hand blown glass and is called a "mothers" vase- because it is just about the right size for the "flowers" mothers usually receive from their kids. I will happily keep this on my counter so I now have a place for all of the beautiful bouquets my kids bring me. The flower in it in the picture is what was passed out to the women at church today. The socks are hand crocheted- he bought because I hate wearing shoes, but loved comfy socks or slippers around the house. I am actually wearing them now and they are very cozy! I love them. Then, you see two little coins. A heart and an oval- the oval says yes on one side, no on the other. Aaron knows I have a hard time making decisions- whether it is where to eat or which brand to buy, etc. So, now, all I have to do is flip a coin!
This is a view of the planter box on my front porch. My parents got us a flat of flowers which I planted here. They are Impatiens and Geraniums. The taller plants sticking up are the few Gladiolus's that survived despite my kids digging there. My mom also sent me a book about "Blessings on the Hand of Women" by Boyd K Packer and I got a very sweet card, which I really appreciated, from my mother-in-law, Janet.

Again, I feel truly blessed. I love my family and I am honored to be a mother- it is the best blessing I could ever have asked for.

2 comments:

Suzanne said...

Sounds like a wonderful day with the family. You forgot to add that you gave a wonderful lesson in YW with about 30 seconds notice. Great job!!

Kelly said...

What a great day for a great mom! You are so blessed, and what a nice thing from so many people who love you- especially those that call you mom!! I love the tribute to the moms in your life, too- very sweet and pefectly said.