Always Crazy, Always Fun, Always Love

Ray Romano once compared life with twins to living in a frat house. As he put it, "no one sleeps, there is a lot of noise and a lot of throwing up." I find this very true with 4 young children, including twins. However, though things are always crazy, we always try to have fun and, most certainly, always love each other.

Sunday, May 11, 2008

To My Moms: Happy Mother's Day!

I am truly blessed to have an absolutely amazing mother, 2 mother-in-laws, and so many other women in my life that have made such a huge difference. This post is for you. I would like to list some reasons why all of my moms are so important to me and why I love them. I will start with my own mother:

My Mom, Sara:
Where to even begin- you mean the world to me. Here are just a few things:
-for being so compassionate and loving when I was sick, or needing extra love
-for teaching me compassion and service
-for working so hard all the time
-for making me feel I could always come to you
-for staying with me and helping whenever I had new babies
-for supporting me as a mom and making me feel like a good mom, even though I could never compare to you.
-for making me feel important
-for always taking us to church even though it had to have been a huge challenge by yourself (and I know we never made it easy!)
-for always being willing to help with my kids when I have doctors appointments or other things I need to do.
-for being the perfect example of motherhood
-for making me feel loved even when I was in trouble.
-for being so proud on my wedding day- I could tell how much you loved me.
-for being such an awesome grandma.
-for saying the dinner prayers on our birthdays and thanking God for us
I could never ask for a better mother! I love you so much!

My Mother-in-Law: Janet:

-for raising such a loving son and teaching him good values and how to be a good man- despite so many challenges you faced.
-for loving me and accepting me into your family from the beginning
-for supporting us and helping us in our challenges
-for coming to our wedding in Chicago- you will never know how much that meant to both of us
-for loving your grandkids and being excited to hear about them
-for being so fun to talk to
-for being there when Jacob was born
-for letting our whole crazy family stay with you for a whole week unexpectedly during Christmas 2004 when we had no power due to an ice storm. You took us in, fed us, dealt with our mess and noise, and even seemed a bit sad when it was time for us to go home. This could not have been easy for you!
I am grateful to have you as my mother-in-law. Thanks for everything! I love you!

My "Step"-Mother in Law: Debbie (Aaron's Step Mom):
-for always loving Aaron and all of us as if he was your biological child.
-for always being there for us and caring about our welfare.
-for always being happy to invite us over and feeding us such yummy food.
-for including us in the boat club fun and paying for our meal when money is tight (which is pretty much always)
-for opening your home so willingly for overnight visits- we have always felt welcomed and loved.
-for always agreeing with a smile to make your 7 layer salad for just about every family function. It is really the best!
-for putting up with Dad and his "toys" :)
-for being so supportive of us.
I am very grateful to call you my mother-in-law as well and love you very much. Thanks for everything.

There are so many other women that have been like moms to me that I am so grateful for. Too many to list that have been such an influence in my life. But just a few- Judy, (Jackie's mom), has always treated me like her daughter and has always been so supportive of me. You have always been there for me and taken care of me. To all of my young women leaders at church who taught me, provided such a good example and loved me despite my struggles and my quirks (and I am not just saying that because I am a young women's leader right now). To my first grade teacher Mrs. L, who loved me and helped me adjust to moving to a new school and to all my teachers that taught me so much.

Happy Mothers Day! I love you all! You mean so much to me.

I am who I am because of YOU!

**read on to the next post to see how wonderful my mothers day was!


1 comment:

The Cochran Family said...

You do have a great , loving family..really I'm not jsut saying that! Im glas you had a great mothers day, you are great at mother-hood!