Always Crazy, Always Fun, Always Love

Ray Romano once compared life with twins to living in a frat house. As he put it, "no one sleeps, there is a lot of noise and a lot of throwing up." I find this very true with 4 young children, including twins. However, though things are always crazy, we always try to have fun and, most certainly, always love each other.

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Two Weeks in the Life of Us

Over the last couple of weeks, while I was ranting about gas prices and raving about mothers, there was quite a bit of other fun going on around here that I just didn't have time to blog about. Here is some of the fun in pictures:

Kenny and Jacob:
When my nephew (Kurtis) spends the night, or if a napping child spends the day here, I have some foam mats that I use for them to sleep on. I cover them with sheets and make up a little bed for them. The other day, while the boys were getting ready for bed, I went into their room and they had layed the mats on the floor and made up their beds on them. They said they wanted to sleep on the floor like Kurtis. I figured, okay- if you really want to. Sure enough, they actually fell asleep on them and stayed their the whole night!
Kenny-
Helped make waffles for breakfast on Saturday- He was quite proud of himself (as you can see by the grin!) and did a great job!He also started T-Ball for the first time last weekend. So far, he absolutely loves it. He has another practice tonight, if the rain holds out. After his first practice, I told him he did a great job and he said (breathing a little harder..) "That was hard work!"

Jacob: Finally got to go with grandpa for his birthday lunch. This is a tradition my dad started several years ago- taking the kids to McDonald's, or wherever they want to go for lunch on their birthday. Kenny had wanted grandpa to take him to Red Lobster for his birthday, so that is where they went last year. Well, ever since, Jacob said that is where he wanted to go. On Jacob's birthday, grandpa wasn't able to go but said they would soon. Well, one thing led to another and a month slipped away and they finally got to go. Jacob said he didn't want to go to Red Lobster, he wanted to go to Wendy's- and wouldn't here of anything else. So, that is where they went! A few cute conversations my dad told me about afterwards:
Grandpa- You can have anything you want
Jacob- Anything? You mean I don't have to get chicken?
Grandpa-no you can get anything you want! (side note- he usually wants just fries- I usually insist on getting chicken or a hamburger- he chooses chicken)
So Jacob orders french fries, oranges (good at least!), and a frosty. They sit down to eat...
Jacob- you didn't get me anything to drink...
Grandpa- (thinking that was what the frosty was for) what do you want to drink
Jacob- chocolate milk. (which grandpa gets for him...)

Later-still during lunch...
Grandpa-Someday you will get to do this with your grandson
Jacob-Grandpa, I don't even have a son yet!

Later- still during lunch...
Jacob-(after looking quizzical for a few seconds) Why did you keep forgetting about me? (wondering why it took a month to get his birthday lunch)
Grandpa-(feeling awful!) explains how he did NOT forget- things just kept happening to get in the way.

Ellen & Meghan-

They have been learning to feed themselves with a spoon. You can see how well THAT is going!

Yum....Oatmeal!
They also learned that empty boxes are fun!

Ellen:
Learned how to climb on on chairs and so also the table. Oh no..... now I have TWO climbers!Meghan:
Learned to play the piano....

Aaron & Amanda:
Amanda helped organize a mother/daughter dinner at the church for the young women (ages 12-18) and their moms. Although it was all consuming of my time for the last few days (another reason why their was no time to blog), it went very well and was well worth it!
Aaron and Amanda did a lot of yard work on Saturday. No exciting pictures to show it off, although we did discover the new tenants in our small pine tree in the front yard.
Here is the nest (slightly above dead center).
Right about dead center- the bird had flown out of the nest right before I took the picture. Now he sits on a limb about to fly off as I took the picture.

So, that is just some of the fun from the last couple of weeks. These kids are just so fun and despite the frustrations, they make me smile everyday!

6 comments:

Katie said...

What cute stories. Stories like that make me grateful I blog...I would never remember to write those things down.

Kelly said...

You are quite the mom!! Such a busy lady- you put me to shame! I loved reading the stories, and seeing the climber #2 was adorable as well!

Valarie said...

Climbers...ugh! Alaina (11 months) has learned how to climb. It is soo scary.
I totally agree with Katie about blogging. Blogging is the new journaling. Isn't it fun??

Suzanne said...

You've been busy! The YW activity went off perfectly. It was a very fun night and one that will be remembered by the girls & mom's forever. Thanks for your hard work! It was worth it:)

Nettie said...

You have cute kids! My toddler just learned how to climb on chairs and then on tables, too. Life will never be the same again!

Autumn said...

wow-the climbing. I think its hard with one. You've got your hands full. I very much enjoyed all of the details of the Grandpa bday lunch. What a great tradition!