Always Crazy, Always Fun, Always Love

Ray Romano once compared life with twins to living in a frat house. As he put it, "no one sleeps, there is a lot of noise and a lot of throwing up." I find this very true with 4 young children, including twins. However, though things are always crazy, we always try to have fun and, most certainly, always love each other.

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Welcome to Life, Dominic !(and other weekend events)



Dominic Alexander was born on Monday, May 19th, about 5:30 pm. He was 6 lbs and 8 oz. This is our 7th niece/nephew. Dominic is Aaron's sister's (Rachael) first baby. Both he and mom are doing well. He is so cute and soooo tiny- I can honestly say- none of my babies have ever been that small. I was afraid I would break him! On Sunday, we went to visit Aaron's family and meet the new little guy. Every year on the Sunday before Memorial Day, his dad and step mom make a large spaghetti dinner for the boat club they are members of and so we usually go. I did a crappy job at taking pictures of the boys, or any pictures at all for that matter, but here are a few (mostly of the new baby and the girls).

Here is Dominic with his mom, grandma (standing) and great-grandma (holding the baby).
And I was so happy that I got a chance to hold the sweet little guy! Notice his hands up by his face? Rachael says that every ultrasound picture showed him doing that in utero. How cool!
Here is Ellie- looks like she is thinking "Is it time to eat yet?"
Meghan found Aaron's hat....

The girls didn't get a nap, except on the way there (not quite an hour of sleep time) and they were very tired. Meghan put herself into this position in this chair and nearly fell asleep. I didn't move her because I was curious as to how long she would stay this way.....it was about 10 minutes! Then, I just sat and held her for a while.
Monday, we did the church memorial day picnic, which I have come to look forward to every year. It was fun for everyone. Again, I did bad about pictures, but the kids loved the playground. Aaron enjoyed playing baseball and Tug-of-war. Kenny joined in an egg toss- but became quite upset when he tried to catch an egg and it broke. I tried to explain that is how the game goes, but he just didn't get it. I thoroughly enjoyed chatting with some of my friends that I just don't get the opportunity to talk to as much as I would like.

Out of Order, I know, but on Saturday, I helped pack up my Grandma & Grandpas house a bit. They have been down in health lately so they have moved in with my aunt. So, now begins the task of going through their house and packing everything up and deciding what to do with it all. So, at least I was able to help for a few hours. That evening, I went out with my friend, Jackie, who was in town from Nebraska. I hadn't gotten to see her since I was in her wedding last July. Due to life craziness, we really don't even get to talk as much as we need to, so this was a great night for us just to talk and be together. That is all I will say for now, because I am going to post more about her next week on her birthday, with photos and such. So, it was a wonderful weekend, aside from one thing.....

Downer of the weekend: Not to end this post on a negative note, but we did have some drama Saturday afternoon. Kenny was riding his bike and fell off....hard.... onto the sidewalk. He chipped his front, permanent tooth. I suppose I should have taken a picture, but I was distracted by the craziness of the time. It was a big chip- half of one side almost to the gum line! So, I called the pediatric dentist- who had a message saying he was out of town for the weekend and the other dentist just had a baby and is home recovering. Great...... But, they gave a number in case of an emergency for a dentist that was covering for them. So, I called him and he said he should see Kenny that evening. I was like, really? Would it be better to wait through the weekend? He said no, and arranged for us to meet him at his office. Really, it was pretty cool that we are not even his patient and he made time for us on a holiday weekend. He put a temporary cap on it and told us to see his regular dentist in a few weeks for a permanent cap. That will be on June 18th. That was no fun, but I am grateful for our dentist, who made arrangements in case of an emergency, and for the doctor who saw us even though we aren't his patient and took care of Kenny.

Again, I don't want to end on a bad note, so I will just say, aside from this, it was a wonderful weekend of family, friends and sun!!!!

13 comments:

trentnjeanmorello said...

Dominic looks so precious!!! New babies are so much fun to hold, straight from Heaven.
Sounds like a good weekend, except for the chipped tooth! OUCH! It was really great of the dentist to see you so fast though.

Jen said...

Congratulations to the new parents! New babies are the most precious things on earth because they are so close from being with God. Thanks for sharing those pics.

Katie said...

I was thinking it sounded like such a great weekend. MAjor bummer about Kenny's tooth. That is awful.

We really missed the ward BBQ this year. I didn't realize how much we looked forward to that.

You look really thin. Cute as ever.

Kelly said...

What a cute baby!! So fun holding newbies, huh?! So sorry about Kenny's tooth- I never noticed on Monday- Alex chipped his baby tooth when he was 2 and we had it bonded- held up perfectly. I am sure your dentist will know what is best! Take care- oh, and I loved chatting it up on Monday- we need to do that more often!!

Suzanne said...

Bummer about the tooth! But great you had a reliable back up dentist. Isn't it crazy how things like that always happen on weekends when the offices are closed!

We'll have to stay in town next year to go to the ward picnic. It sounds like everyone had a great time!

STUFFellaneous said...

Congratulations!

Autumn said...

How sweet. Owie on the tooth! Yikes. I think you look so cute in that picture!!!

Mom Janet said...

Glad the new baby is here and that all is doing well. Everyone looked great and beaming over the new arrival.
OUCH!! What a way to start a holiday weekend. At least it was taken care of and that Kenny didn't get hurt worse. Extra hugs from grandma Janet.

The Cochran Family said...

I know the Reynoldsburg ward rocks the memorial day picnic! Our ward didn't even have one!!! WHAT??? We spent the day just with ourselves thinking about what fun we could be having at a picnic :) Cute new nephew! Isn't fun to not be the new mom once in a while and just hold the little ones for a while!

Kristin said...

Oh no! I am having newborn fever again just looking at that beautiful baby! I'm so glad that the Kenny story did end on a good note.

Valarie said...

The baby is soo adorable! Ugh! Makes me want another one just looking at the picture of such a tiny baby.
I broke off half of one of my front teeth on a door when I was 8. It's something he'll brag about, trust me. :)

Dawne said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
doubleA Injobs said...

Thousands of the peoples Search Online Jobs from home and Every people Different type of Jobs, Here is a Best online jobs from home just like Copy Pasting, Data Entry, Clicking Jobs, Article Sharing, Data Sharing, Website Clicking, Facebook Jobs, Marketing Jobs, Google Jobs and Much More Online Works
JobzCorner.Com