Always Crazy, Always Fun, Always Love

Ray Romano once compared life with twins to living in a frat house. As he put it, "no one sleeps, there is a lot of noise and a lot of throwing up." I find this very true with 4 young children, including twins. However, though things are always crazy, we always try to have fun and, most certainly, always love each other.

Wednesday, May 7, 2008

You know you're an overwhelmed mom when.....

Here is one to add to my ever growing list of embarrassing moments. I went to babysit this morning for a community choir that a few of my friends sing in. In the past, I have done this regularly, but today I was just filling in for Abbey, who is having her baby today. It was the first time I have done this with the girls in tow. I had to pack a lunch for everyone because the women in the choir were performing in a concert and then going out to lunch, as they do once a season.

So, I was getting the girls and Jacob out of the car. Being that the girls are 16 months old, of course they both want to dart across the parking lot. I give Jacob one bag that has our drinks in it to carry. I set the diaper bag (with the rest of our lunches, my cell phone, diapers, etc.) on the passenger seat and put my keys in it to free up a hand. All of this while trying to hold the girls to keep them from running in two directions. I close the door and then hear the locks engaging as I remember hitting the lock after I opened the door originally. Of course, they diaper bag is still on the passenger seat- with my keys- door locked. I feel panic start to rise, but I think- well, Aaron works just 10 minutes down the road. He could probably come unlock it for me. So, I go into the nursery where several moms are waiting for me (I was a few minutes late as it was). I explain my stupidity and one of them lets me borrow her phone to call Aaron. Aaron says he will be there shortly. Yay! He's my hero!

Aaron pops his head in the door about 15 minutes later, hands me the rescued diaper bag and tells me that the drivers side window was down.... All I had to do was reach in and unlock it!

Sometimes these blonde roots go deep..... I apologize to Aaron, who actually finds this quite funny, despite the fact I took him away from work for no reason. But, hey, at least I kept the girls from running out into traffic!

4 comments:

trentnjeanmorello said...

LOL!!! That is such a FUNNY story! Good thing everything worked out and if you aren't laughing about it you soon will be.

Kelly said...

That is hilarious! Not a blonde moment at all- or else I would be guilty of it too! It is called "all common sense cells have been depleted due to children"! Thank goodness for a good humored husband!

Mom Janet said...

LOVE IT - I am just cracking up. Blond has nothing to do with that and all to just having children and doing 54 things all at the same time. At least you didn't lock up the car with the keys in the ignition while the car was running (like I did, not once but twice!!!) I can just see the goofy grin on Aaron's face when he gave you the diaper bag back. :)

Suzanne said...

That is an awful feeling. Our only set of keys to our gardening shed are currently locked inside the shed. Thanks to Spencer! I guess we will have to cut the lock so I can get a shovel out for the service project Saturday! That is a good one though:)