Always Crazy, Always Fun, Always Love

Ray Romano once compared life with twins to living in a frat house. As he put it, "no one sleeps, there is a lot of noise and a lot of throwing up." I find this very true with 4 young children, including twins. However, though things are always crazy, we always try to have fun and, most certainly, always love each other.

Friday, June 27, 2008

Confessions of a True Chocoholic.....

My name is Amanda and I am a chocoholic. There- I said it. Though, I have known for a long time. They say the first step is admitting you have a problem. The bigger problem is my lack of willingness to do anything about it. I love and hate this fact about myself. Anyone who reads my profile on this blog knows this is who I am.

I sometimes hear people say, "Oh, I am such a chocoholic- I just can't get enough of it- I could eat a whole box of girl scout cookies!!" I always think the difference between those who say these things and those who really are chocoholics is that chocoholics actually do it.

I think chocolate and peanut butter is the worlds best invention. There is just simply not a better taste combination. I love Tagalongs- the girl scout cookies. I ordered several boxes earlier this year and they were all gone, except for one lonely box of Tagalongs. I had done well and had saved them. My reasons for saving them? Knowing they would be gone as soon as I opened them- and I had been eating way to much other junk lately so I was saving them for a special time.

So, what happens when you combine a husband out of town with kids in bed, a book to read and a lonely box of tagalongs? You get an empty box....... Yes, I actually ate the whole box while I was reading. And I am embarrassed to admit I do NOT feel like I am going to puke. I only have the sensation of the pounds piling on in my waist. But they were really good!!! (See, I love and hate it! I don't know if there is much hope for an addict like me!) But, it is better to be addicted to chocolate (and I should add junk food too- I am a bit of a junk food junkie.) than cigarettes or alcohol. Those you have to give up entirely, but hey, a person still has to eat! If I could just learn moderation, I would be alright.

So Monday is back to weight watchers..... wish me luck!!

(side note- to those of you who don't know, I recently lost about 100 lbs total with the help of nursing babies, weight watchers, and part of that was on my own too. Despite the fact that I have gained back just a few pounds and tonights indulgence, I do not intend to go backward. It is a daily battle that I continue to fight. Just like an alcoholic who may not have had a drink in years still craves that drink, I will always have to battle, but I intend to win- box of girl scout cookies and all!!!)

9 comments:

Lauri said...

This is so funny and I can totally relate! I love chocolate but have a problem with moderation (I too have eaten a whole pack of cookies or half a cake). Since no one else lives here, I just don't buy the stuff that tempts me--although I still crave it. When I go grocery shopping, I buy just 1 treat (like a peppermint patty, not a carton of ice cream). It satisfies my cravings. Then about half way through the week, I have to go out and get another treat.

Abbey said...

that is so funny. We tried our hardest to save the girlscout cookies we even put them in the freezer thinking we would have them for a while. They were gone in two weeks top. Yeah, I would eat a whole box of tagalongs too and not look back. we all have our weakness.

Valarie said...

Ahhh, yes. I too am a TRUE chocoholic. I once bought a bag (the BIG bag) of peanut butter M&M's and ate the whole bag....in one sitting. I TOTALLY agree about peanut butter and chocolate. I used to buy chocolate chips and melt them down with peanut butter and eat the melty mess with a spoon! MMMmmm!!!
Although, I think my problem might be slightly worse than yours, because there is NO WAY a box of tagalongs would have lasted for more then 48 hours in my house. So, kudos to you on that (at least!).

Kelly said...

Sign me up for the chocoholic club!! I just bought the new Hershey Bliss Dark Chocolate square- and they are heaven. I do,however, limit myself to 2 a day- but that is because they are so rich, I couldn't do more- maybe that is how I resist. Tagalongs, (which we didn't buy this year- we actually didn't buy any cookies this year), wouldn't last a day here- we love them!!
You still look AMAZING!!! You are amazing too!

Suzanne said...

My weakness is the samoa cookies! They are heavenly.

I didn't know you before the twins so I don't have anything to compare it too but you look great! I think it's wonderful you are in tune with your weakness and are doing something about it. But hey, when the husband is out of town it's hard to resist the chocolate. Sometimes you just have to indulge.

Jen said...

That was an inspiring side note! I love chocolate, too. Especially chocolate ice cream. So, about the blog roll, just go to the dashboard after you've signed in, and you can get step-by-step instructions on how to add it to your blog. If you need help, let me know!

Autumn said...

I love this post. For 100 reasons. First, I am a true chocoholic. Yes, I could eat a box of girl scout cookies in one sitting. Or a pan of brownies...or many many other terribly unhealthy things. I too agree that chocolate and peanut butter are the best ingredients ever. (Though funny enough I can always pass on tagalongs-its the samoas I love...I think its the crunch I don't like...)

I also love this post because I know loving I'm not the only one who can down so much sweetness at once. If its something I really love it would be next to impossible not to eat the whole thing at once for me.

You should be SO proud of your weight loss. I was just thinking of it again the other day after seeing you-its unreal how fast it came off. You're nice to give your nursing twins some credit-but I think YOU deserve it all. What an amazing accomplishment! I'm not going to wish you luck because I don't think you need it. You've done it before, a few pounds is nothing.

You go, girl.

Autumn said...

I just read Valarie's comment-I used to do the same thing. I no longer keep chocolate chips in my house as an ingredient for reasons like this! If I want to make cookies I have to go buy them!! Its close to a drug for me.

Bon Bon said...

I feel your pain!