Always Crazy, Always Fun, Always Love

Ray Romano once compared life with twins to living in a frat house. As he put it, "no one sleeps, there is a lot of noise and a lot of throwing up." I find this very true with 4 young children, including twins. However, though things are always crazy, we always try to have fun and, most certainly, always love each other.

Monday, June 23, 2008

Welcome to Kindergarten, Jacob!

Has anyone heard of teachers making home visits? I don't think I ever had a teacher come to my house. Jacob's new Kindergarten teacher called to ask if she could come for a home visit to meet Jacob and the rest of us. I was excited at the opportunity to meet her and get to know her a bit, and give Jacob a chance to get to know her a bit. She came tonight and she seems like she is a great teacher with a lot of experience and ideas. She has been teaching for 20 years. Here is a picture of Jacob with her:Obviously, Jacob is in the middle. His teacher, Mrs. A, is on the right (Jacob's left). The lady on the left is Mrs. H, who works in the office of the school. She even came with a small backpack loaded with goodies to help him get ready for school. Check it out:
Awesome, huh? The backpack is a gift from the county commissioners actually. Very cool idea. And, she knew I had 3 other kids and she came with a toy for all of them! A small notebook and pen for Kenny and a couple squeezy bath/pool toys for the girls. So cool of her to think of them. It made everyone's day! Anyway, it was a great evening and a good way to prepare for the next big step in Jacob's life- KINDERGARTEN! (wow! yay!)

8 comments:

Kelly said...

Such a great idea to welcome kids to school!! Our district doesn't do it, but I know others that do, and I think it is a fantastic idea- and I love that they included the siblings!! Very nice touch and I know Jacob is excited!

trentnjeanmorello said...

Wow, that is really nice. I am sure Jacob will always remember that.

Suzanne said...

I've never heard of that before. What a great thing!

Autumn said...

Wow. That is SO neat!!! Unreal-home visits during the precious off-work summer months for teachers? I for one wouldn't be interested. That sounds like an awesome teacher. Sounds like he has a great year ahead of him. (And talk about getting parents on your good side-smart move, teacher!!)

Abbey said...

that is so awesome that they brought him a bag full of goodies and that they remembered the other kids too. I love the idea of home visits, I really think that helps the children transition easier.

Lauri said...

I've heard of this but didn't know any school districts did it. What an great way to help get over kindergarten jitters. Kudos to your school.

Valarie said...

Oh. My. Gosh. How awesome is that??

The Cochran Family said...

Are you kidding me? That's awesome!