Always Crazy, Always Fun, Always Love

Ray Romano once compared life with twins to living in a frat house. As he put it, "no one sleeps, there is a lot of noise and a lot of throwing up." I find this very true with 4 young children, including twins. However, though things are always crazy, we always try to have fun and, most certainly, always love each other.

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Boys....

This afternoon, I was folding laundry while the girls played in front of me and the boys were playing in our backyard. There was about 500 neighbor kids playing in the yard as well. (only a small exaggeration...) . I hear a little tap on my back door from one of the neighbor kids. I was a bit irritated because they do this a lot for one of three reasons. 1) to ask for a drink or to go potty (maybe I am mean, but you live right next door- go there for your water or potty...) 2) to play with the dog or the babies through the door; or 3) to tattle about something. So, I actually ignored them at first. But they kept at it so I went to the door a little irritated until they told me that Kenny "fell off a car and was crying and hurt his head." WHAT???? So, I find Kenny who already has a giant goose egg forming on his forehead. Basically, they were playing hide and seek and Kenny went into the garage (where he knows he is not allowed to be) and was trying to climb on top of the van to hide (apparently with Jacob and several of the other kids!!!). He fell off and hit his forehead on the concrete floor of the garage. Here is what it looked like this evening. Not sure if the picture does it justice- you may need to click on it to make it bigger.
He even tried to lie about it because he knew he was doing something he shouldn't. Unfortunately he has figured out how to lie but at least he isn't very good at it yet! I went back outside to tell the other kids that my kids were staying inside the rest of the day and they would need to go home, but my yard had turned into a ghost town all of a sudden. Hmmmm, think they knew they were in trouble? I am just thankful he is okay- when I think of what could have happened.... ugh.....

He is such a boy!

5 comments:

Suzanne said...

Ouch!

Abbey said...

That is horrible, I hope he is okay. By the way I would start taking a cover charge at your gate. It sounds like you are being taken advantage of.

Katie said...

That could have been so much worse.

I think asking for drinks and things would bother me, too.

trentnjeanmorello said...

ouch! I hope that he is okay. I remember when I was little and lived in a neighborhood with lots of kids my age...we were always getting drinks and popsicles and going to the bathroom at the other kids houses.

Mom Janet said...

Very glad that Kenny is OK - his head sure took a beating. His lying comes naturally - ask his dad. He did the same thing at that age and always said that is was someone elses fault. It must come with going to school and being a boy.