Always Crazy, Always Fun, Always Love

Ray Romano once compared life with twins to living in a frat house. As he put it, "no one sleeps, there is a lot of noise and a lot of throwing up." I find this very true with 4 young children, including twins. However, though things are always crazy, we always try to have fun and, most certainly, always love each other.

Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Journal Jar Entry #2

As I mentioned before (see entry #1 here), when I am low on things to write about, I will choose a slip from a journal jar I made a while back. This will give me plenty of things to write about and good insight into my life and my thoughts for my readers and my children, should they read this in the future. Here goes:

What do I know about my Savior? What are my feelings about him?
I have been looking forward to this one, because I haven't posted much on my beliefs yet. I think the timing is appropriate because I will be going on a two day youth conference this weekend with the youth ages 14-18 at church this weekend and it is sure to be full of spiritual experiences. We will be going on a pioneer trek to commemorate and learn about what the pioneers went through nearly 200 years ago. Look for that post with pictures around Sunday.

For specific information on The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day-Saints, of which I am a member, click on the link in this sentance for our basic beliefs.

I know that the Savior is essential to our salvation. If not for his atonement, we would not be able to return to our Father in Heaven. I know he is our eldest brother, who loves us and died for us. I believe he wants us to be happy in this life- and that he has a sense of humor. Fun is a good thing, when we are following Him.

I know that He loves children and finds them to be of highest importance. I love the Bible story where Jesus had been teaching all day and parents brought their children to see Him, but the guards turned them away. Jesus replied saying,
"...suffer the little children to come unto me, and forbid them not: for of such is the kingdom of God.Verily I say unto you, Whosoever shall not receive the kingdom of God as a little child, he shall not enter therein. And he took them up in his arms, put his hands upon them and blessed them." (Mark 10:14-16)
This is something that helps me everyday in my life and is often essential in getting through my day. There are times when I get so frustrated with my kids and yell entirely way too much and get mad when I shouldn't. Often, during these times, I think of Christ and this scripture and pictures like these and think "What would Christ do if he were with these children this day." This often helps me to relax as I remember His love for them and my love for them. I love my children so deeply and I love to sit back and try to see them through the Saviors eyes- these innocent little people that he trusted me to watch over in this life, to guide them back home to Him. I do believe that is my biggest goal, is to help these 4 beautiful children of God find their way home to Him. I am amazed daily by their simple testimonies, how quickly they learn and the spirit they bring to our home.

I know when I live as I should, I can feel the Savior close in my life. I am not perfect. I pray every night, thanking God for the endless blessings I receive and asking forgiveness for my sins- which are daily. He is essential in my day to day life. One of my favorite hymns, "I Believe in Christ" is so simple and so powerful. I love to sing this and the words mean a lot:

I believe in Christ; He is my king!
With all my heart, to him I'll sing;
I'll raise my voice in praise and joy;
In grand Amens, my tongue employ.
I believe in Christ; he is God's son.
On earth to dwell his soul did come.
He healed the sick; the dead he raised.
Good works were his; his name be praised.

I believe in Christ; oh, blessed name!
As Mary's Son he came to reign
'Mid mortal men, his earthly kin,
To save them from the woes of sin.
I believe in Christ, who marked the path,
Who did gain all his Father hath,
Who said to men: "Come, follow me,
That ye, my friends, with God may be."

I believe in Christ-my Lord, my God!
My feet he plants on gospel sod.
I'll worship him with all my might;
He is the source of truth and light.
I believe in Christ; he ransoms me.
From Satan's grasp he sets me free,
And I shall live with joy and love
In his eternal courts above.

I believe in Christ; he stands supreme!
From him I'll gain my fondest dream;
And while I strive through grief and pain,
His voice is heard: "Ye shall obtain."
I believe in Christ; so come what may
With him I'll stand in that great day
When on this earth he comes again
to rule among the sons of men.

I want my friends and family and children to know that I believe in Christ and I love him and all of you!

8 comments:

Kelly said...

Your testimony was so moving- what a great start to my day- it was the first thing I have read! Thank you!! I love those pics of the Savior and that is one of my very favorite hymns. I love that you wrote so eloquently and I love all that you said. Thank you!

Suzanne said...

I love those beautiful drawings of Christ and the children. What a sweet testimony and a wonderful idea to use the blog for your journal jar entries.

Have a wonderful time this weekend. I'm really jealous of all the exercise you will be getting and the wonderful experience you will have. I enjoy serving with you and am grateful for your love for our Young Women.

trentnjeanmorello said...

Thank you for sharing your testimony/beliefs. The Gospel is such a great blessing in our lives.

Lauri said...

Did you see the article in the Ensign this month about sharing the gospel using the internet? Kudos to you.

A wonderful testimony of the Savior!

Afton said...

Hi, I'm Autumn's sister, I liked your entry and will plan to do one similar myself one of these days, what a good idea. I love what a positive attitude you seem to have too throughout your blog! You seem like a very supportive and friendly person!

Autumn said...

Amanda, that's such a great post-one that will be awesome for your kids to read years from now especially (just assuming they'll appreciate it more later than now). :) I LOVE that song and those lyrics. So powerful!

The Cochran Family said...

Isn't it awesome that we know all this- and it's true. I am greatful for that everyday. It is so great that you wrote your testimony down for all to read and for generations to see. You are a Nephi!

Abbey said...

What a sweet blog. I loved your testimony of Christ. thank you so much for sharing it with me. The pcitures of Christ with the children are beautiful.