Always Crazy, Always Fun, Always Love

Ray Romano once compared life with twins to living in a frat house. As he put it, "no one sleeps, there is a lot of noise and a lot of throwing up." I find this very true with 4 young children, including twins. However, though things are always crazy, we always try to have fun and, most certainly, always love each other.

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

4 Kids, 6 New Shoes and a Grand announcement!


I finally went shoe shopping for my children and I am broke. And I don't buy fancy expensive shoes... With 4 children, I actually had to buy 6 new pairs of shoes. That doesn't add up does it? Well, Kenny and Jacob start school next week and they will be attending school in a brand new building that will barely be finished being built when school starts. In an effort to keep their new gym floors nice, they are requiring each child to bring an extra pair of tennis shoes to keep at school to be used only during gym class. What???? Are you kidding me? While I understand their dilemma, I find this ridiculous! We do not live in an affluent area at all so I am sure it isn't just us huffing about it. This meant two new pairs for each of them because both of their old tennis shoes are just too small and too beat up to be used for ANYTHING! And, the girls do not have any tennis shoes that fit them at all. While that is fine for now, while it is warm, they obviously would need some here in a few weeks. So, between the "Buy one Get one 1/2 off" at Payless and also going to Walmart, I have bought 6 new pairs of shoes this week. The plain white shoes in the picture are what I got the boys for gym- basic and cheap- $6 each.

And, did I mention that my children could all be nicknamed "big foot"?!?! Kenny is in a Boys 3 already. Jacob in a 13. And the girls...... I bought them a size 8!!! I couldn't believe it- they aren't even two and I had to buy toddler size 8!! I bought them a little too big so hopefully they will still fit in a month or so when we need them, but they really aren't much too big. They can wear them now and they don't fall off their feet..... ugh.... Now on to Aaron and I... we both desperately need new shoes as well- it has been a few years since either of us got new tennis shoes...we are much overdue.

And now.... the Grand Announcement....

Well, some people know that I have been on a pursuit to bring in some much needed extra money while still staying home with my kids (gotta do something about all these shoes to pay for). For example, I may start babysitting a single child in a few months, but that is up in the air. I have decided on something that I am nervous yet excited about.....
I signed on with Pampered Chef to be a Independent Consultant! Before anyone starts thinking I am too crazy, let me explain why I decided to do this. Until now, I have NEVER been interested in doing anything like this party kind of thing. I would sometimes go to a party, but it always seems so expensive, so it wasn't always top on my list. Recently, as I was looking into finding some kind of work at home, I thought that I still wasn't interested in this kind of thing, but if I ever did, I would probably do Pampered Chef because I love their products and enjoy cooking and their parties always are fun- with the consultant making yummy food you get to eat afterward and such-but still didn't think I would ever do it. Well, fast forward to last Friday when I went to a local fair that had a Pampered Chef booth. I was filling out a free entry for a drawing to win a large basket of Pampered Chef stuff (I didn't win- bummer...) and got chatting with the lady and asked her some questions. Turns out they are running a special for new consultants- you buy the starter kit for $155 (really not bad- the kit has a huge amount of stuff- retails for much more than that...). If you sign on before August 31st, and then sell $1000 worth of product within the first 30 days (which I am optimistic won't be too hard to do...) then I will get 50% ($77) of the starter kit fee back! So, say I only sell the minimum $1000. My commission would be approximately $22o, plus the $77 rebate- that is $300 in the first month. I will have already made more than I put in. I figured that would make it worth it. Even if it doesn't work out, at least I have a bunch of cool product I know I will use. So, there you have it- my new adventure. As if I didn't have enough to do.... Although I will be busy the next month or so getting started, I won't go that crazy all the time- I will probably try to do only 2-4 parties a month.

Here is my shameless promotion.... If you live local to me, I would love to do a show for you! They have awesome hostess specials where you get free product and a huge discount- and Christmas really isn't far away. Pampered Chef makes great gifts for many on your list! Let me know if you are interested and we can arrange it! And, I promise to make it very easy on you to have a show. I will provide the food to be cooked (you choose the recipe from a list) and I will send out the invites!

11 comments:

Lauri said...

That's a lot of shoes to buy all at once. Getting kids outfitted for school is expensive.

Good luck on your new endeavor. Pampered Chef is a great product.

Kelly said...

Back to school shopping is so fun for me- but buying shoes so isn't! That is a lot of shoes!! I am impressed you didn't lose your mind- with my picky kids, it is easy to, that's why I don't love it! Thankfully Alex's aunt bought him new shoes for school, and Leah just got new sandals! Easy peasy.

Good luck with Pampered Chef- I love their products. I just don't do parties,don't even go, sorry- so not personal, it is just hard for me...long, very long story...but there is always product I am interested in and may just add it to an order you have going from time to time. I am excited for you!!

Suzanne said...

Thanks for the heads up on the payless sale. I may head over there today. Kids can be expensive!!

Good luck with Pampered Chef. I love their product too but could never be a consultant. I'm sure you'll make it work for you:)

Katie said...

6 pairs of shoes? YIKES! My kids are the same...HUGE feet. PArker wears a 12. And Reid wears a 10.

Gray, so far, seems pretty normal.

Good luck with Pampered Chef. I don't think I could do it.

Abbey said...

Wow, that is a lot of shoes. I kept reading because I thought you were going to tell us you were pregnant again. Pampered Chef is just as fun. I dont know where I would be without my stone. Good luck!!

Autumn said...

I thought Ellie had big feet. I have to say that surprises me. But I feel like I have the liberty to say that-she was SO big in every other department for so long. However, she'll probably inherit my big feet sooner or later!!

I'm so excited for your Pampered Chef endeavor. You'll be great. You make the best food-everyone will love to eat it for free!

trentnjeanmorello said...

yeah shoes are expensive. Saturday we are going to have to buy Trent new boots for work and tennis shoes...but they are a necessity!

Too bad I do not live closer to you I would have a pampered chef party! Oh well!

Valarie said...

OMGosh!! I LOOOOOOVE pampered chef!!! I wish I was still living there. I could sooo help you out. No one here does PC. It stinks!
That is crazy that they make you have extra shoes for gym. They jsut tell us to make sure our children are wearing proper footwear for gym class. Works for me.

Mom2my9 said...

Hey Amanda! Congratulations on the Pampered Chef thing. I used to be in direct sales, too. I sold PartyLite Candles and it was one of the best things I ever did. I even earned a free trip, air fare and all, to the Bahamas!
Anyway, about the piano lesson thing. This is my advice. I think you should consider getting him a professional teacher. I think it is so, so worth the sacrifice financially to do so. And you know what? I don't even teach my own kids. I have found that if I have to pay someone else I am much more apt to make them practice. Plus, they seem to do better for other people. That is my advice to you. And whatever you do, make him stick with it no matter what. I took lessons for 12 years and I am SO glad I did! My 13-year-old cried last week when I told her she had to take piano lessons again, but I told her that she has a talent that God gave her and she needs to develop it to it's full potential. She has accepted it since and has willingly practiced her songs this week. There...there is my two cents!

The Cochran Family said...

OH MAN those are some good looking shoes. It always cracks me up to see all these little kids the first day of school with these sparkling new shoes on....ya your kids do have larger piggies! But look at the bright side of being tall young, you get to ride rollar coasters before all your fridns....

I KNOW you will be great as a consultant. I LOVE there products and I'm always wishing people would invite me to a party! I would BUY for sure! If you have a website or can send me a booklet...I'll order from you! Good Luck, but I know you will love it and be so good at it!

Bon Bon said...

Love the new banner at the top! Good luck on your new job. Congrats for being featured!