Always Crazy, Always Fun, Always Love

Ray Romano once compared life with twins to living in a frat house. As he put it, "no one sleeps, there is a lot of noise and a lot of throwing up." I find this very true with 4 young children, including twins. However, though things are always crazy, we always try to have fun and, most certainly, always love each other.

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Beware....I'm Very Contagious

I have written before about the blogging virus- how I have caught it and managed to spread it to my sister-in-law and mother-in-law. Well, I have spread the virus again. If you have not caught it and don't want to, you may want to stand back (ha ha!). My wonderful friend, Amy, has started a blog! :) Check it out here.

I met Amy through the local twins club we are both members of. Turns out she lives right down the road from me and her twin girls are only 8 months older than mine. And, she has a 7 year old boy like I do.
This is her at the sprayground. She is holding Amelia and holding hands with Sophia. Her 7 year old, Jacob is in the background with his hands on the stroller.

Her blog is looking great and I know she would love a comment or two if you have a minute to check it out. Whenever we get together, this is often how I see her-snapping a cute picture:
She loves to take pictures and is very good at capturing cool moments, like this one:
This was at a park where we went to play together. From left to right is: My twins, Ellen and Meghan and then Her twins, Amelia and Sophia. Imagine our luck that we unknowingly went to a park with a 4 seater teeter totter! And me without a camera. Thank you Amy!

Happy Blogging Amy!! :)

Speaking of viruses, however, just as a note- Ellie has been really sick! High fevers since Sunday. I always wait to go to the doctor until I am almost positive it is more than a virus, because if you go too soon, that is what they say... "it's just a virus." Well, her fever hit 106.4 overnight last night. I did all I could to break it (meds, cool washcloth, bath, etc), but it wouldn't go under 103 (even medicated!). So, I called the on call doc at 1 am who said as long as she is breathing okay, (which she was) the fever itself wouldn't hurt her, just keep her dosed up and bring her in the next day. So, I took her in today and guess what- "It's just a virus." Everything is clear! Her throat was obviously red and sore he said, but they did a strep test and it was negative. He said there is a virus circulating with ultra high and long fevers and it should break soon. He said if not better by Friday to bring her in again. But, she did eat a little at lunch, so maybe she is getting better....I hope! Has NOT been a fun week. Meghan's nose is super snotty as well, but no fever. Keep your fingers crossed! :)

5 comments:

Suzanne said...

I'm sorry to hear about sick Ellie. But good to know it's just a virus and not to panic if it falls on my kids!

Good job getting another friend to start blogging. I still can't get any of my sisters to blog and only 1 out of my 6 sisters in law blog. I'm a lonely blogger in my family! They are really missing out:)

Mom2my9 said...

I know what you mean about this being a virus! I feel remiss almost to pass it on to anyone else because it's so ADDICTIVE and FUN! I am going to check out your friend's site right now. Another twin mom to bond with! And thanks for all your sweet comments on my pics of Mex!

Katie said...

I've only dealt with a fever like that once. IT was miserable. I hope it keeps improving.

Fun to have a friend with twins that are the same age. IT's amazing how something like that instantly connects you two. You will probably be friends for life because of that one thing you have in common.

If she's really into taking pictures...she's be a great blogger.

Kelly said...

Love that the bug is spreading! I love that you are contagious, too!!
SO sorry to hear about Ellie being ill-let me know if I can help out in any way!!

Amy said...

Amanda, you are ONE in a million.
I am so thankful God gave both of us twins AND boys born in 2001!
Our friendship has grown by leaps and bounds and I LOVE IT! I do hope we are lifelong friends and I enjoy our talks so much.
I promise I will coach you in every Wii game I have as you coach me on blogging. Next, I need to tackle adding pictures. Gee, I only have a few to add. ;-)