Always Crazy, Always Fun, Always Love

Ray Romano once compared life with twins to living in a frat house. As he put it, "no one sleeps, there is a lot of noise and a lot of throwing up." I find this very true with 4 young children, including twins. However, though things are always crazy, we always try to have fun and, most certainly, always love each other.

Thursday, September 25, 2008

Here We Go!! Wish Him Luck!!!!

Yesterday, September 24th, Aaron began a new journey. He went back to school. I am so incredibly proud of him and I know he will do great! He will still be working his normal 40 hour week (with occasional overtime, most likely) and attending classes in the evening- so he will be one busy guy! This quarter, he is starting with College Algebra and Chemistry to get some of his basics out of the way. His ultimate goal is to get an engineering degree (either "electrical" or "power").

We are both a bit nervous, knowing friends who have spouses that work, attend school, have kids, etc. We have witnessed their crazy lives and realize that is where our lives are headed for a few years. Yet, we are both excited too, because we know it will be such a great thing for him and our family.

Aaron- I am so excited for you and will do my best to support you as best I can! We love you and are grateful for all you do for us!!!

11 comments:

Lauri said...

Of course you know that as an adult who went back to school, I'm in 100% agreement. When you go to school as an adult, your focus is different. I know he'll do great...especially with your support.

Great first day of school picture!

Kelly said...

First of all, love the pic!! Second, we have done it and though it is not a perfect situation, it isn't forever and if you know there is light ahead, it makes it a lot easier.
When we just had Alex, Dana was in school full time at OSU, working 40 hours at Nationwide, teaching Early morning seminary, and was 1st counselor in the EQ- meeting one night a week for visits! I have to admit, it was AWFUL, but we made it and though I was the "single mom", I had family and friends, and it was manageable. I was also 1st counselor in the YW, so I feel your pain!!
It is such a great thing, for further school- you will never regret this time- it will only help your family with stability and income. You will be a great support, and it will so be worth it!!
We are proud of him, too- remember the big picture, and it will be just fine!
We made it- if that helps all intact and all!!

trentnjeanmorello said...

I am sure he will do great!!!! and just think that in the future it will really pay off for you guys!

Autumn said...

I'm so excited for you guys. I think he's going to do great!

Katie said...

I love the first day of school picture, too. I know you guys had toyed with the idea, but didn't know the wheels were in motion. Way to go. It's a hard road, but so worth it. YOu guys will be so happy!

Congrats Aaron. Just making that first step is quite an accomplishment.

Katie said...

By the way...Abbey was here this week and just having an Ohio friend here has really made me miss all my Ohio friends. I literally broke into tears when I pulled up your blog just now. I miss you.

The Cochran Family said...

That is sooo cute, see our "men" are really still just little boys...I bet his mom has pictures that look exactly like that!

The Cochran Family said...

Good Luck and Congratulations!

Emilee said...

that is so great. I think that school is fun and you have to work at it, but in the end it will all be worth the hard work and the wait!
Em!

Abbey said...

I love his first day of school picture. That is so awesome that he is going back. Good Luck Aaron.

Bon Bon said...

But does he have a lunch box? Good luck, Dude!