Always Crazy, Always Fun, Always Love

Ray Romano once compared life with twins to living in a frat house. As he put it, "no one sleeps, there is a lot of noise and a lot of throwing up." I find this very true with 4 young children, including twins. However, though things are always crazy, we always try to have fun and, most certainly, always love each other.

Sunday, October 12, 2008

Happy 26th Birthday, Emily!!!

So, yesterday was my brother, James, birthday. I have no doubt that his least favorite/most nerve racking birthday was his 9th. On the day he turned 9 years old, I think he spent most of the day doing one thing-praying our little sister would not be born until after midnight. My mom went into labor with her 5th and final child on October 12-his birthday. Sara Emily was born early morning October 13th 1982. She was Mom's last, largest, and hardest delivery. She weighed 10 pounds and, after laboring very long, had to be delivered by an emergency C-section.
Can you tell this picture was taken in 1983?? Love the furniture and glasses! This is my mom and Emily-a big healthy baby! Here is a cute one of "all the girls" ( my mom, me, Julie, Emily) in matching dresses for Easter:


She was an adorable little girl! We always teased her and were jealous that it seemed she got away with everything since she was the "baby" of the family. I remember we all had long lists of chores to do, but she had simple things like "put a new roll of TP on the roll." We all thought this was extremely unfair.

I also found some fun prom and graduation pictures, that would have been taken in 2001. I have no idea who the guy is going with her to prom. She might not like me posting that one, but she looks nice! That is my dad with her when she is in the cap and gown.

Though many of her friends now call her Sara, she went by Emily growing up because Sara is also my mom's name, so it eased the confusion. I love that I now have my kids calling her "Auntie Em." She is an excellent Aunt and loves her nieces and nephews. The first picture was taken last Christmas. That is my Meghan and her Joey on her lap. The second picture was this past April, she is giving Kenny a ride on her horse, Olivia. She LOVES horses and owns one of her own and enjoys riding for and caring for "Olivia." (She boards her at a nearby barn...)
She married Kris in March of 2003. She has two children. Joey is 3 and Savanna is 2 mos. old. They are just beautiful and she is a wonderful mother! Here, they helped her blow out her birthday candles yesterday, as we celebrated at my parents house:
Obviously, Savanna was not too interested. But, Joey sure enjoyed blowing out the candles!

As I mentioned in my post last week about my other sister, Julie, I am so grateful to have 2 sisters. They are two of my best friends. I love that we speak several times a week and hang out together often. I love you, Em!!
Happy Birthday!!!!

5 comments:

Kelly said...

Fall birthdays run in your family, eh?! Funny! Love the family- yours are all amazing!!
Hope James and Emily have great birthdays!!

trentnjeanmorello said...

Wow! Joey has gotten so big!!! That is fun that your brother and Emily's (Sara's) birthday are so close!

Happy Birthday!

Valarie said...

OMGosh!! I can remember Julie in that dress she is wearin gin the Easter picture. That is hilarious. Happy Birthday to Emily!

Autumn said...

Dang, you've got a lot of family birthdays smooshed together. Happy birthday Emily! I just found a really sweet note from you from girls camp! Is that your pony?

Anonymous said...

That is a funny pic w/ savanna screaming her head off while blowing out the candles. Poor baby! he he Thanks for the post sis. I feel all warm and fuzzy and special.

And yes, Autumn, that is my 'pony'. :) If you can call a 16 hand quarter horse a pony! LOL

Thanks again, Amanda! Love you!
Sara Emily