Always Crazy, Always Fun, Always Love

Ray Romano once compared life with twins to living in a frat house. As he put it, "no one sleeps, there is a lot of noise and a lot of throwing up." I find this very true with 4 young children, including twins. However, though things are always crazy, we always try to have fun and, most certainly, always love each other.

Sunday, October 12, 2008

Happy Birthday, James!

Today, my OLDer brother James turns 35!! As, I mentioned, he is my OLDer brother....born nearly 4 years before me. Therefore, he is my OLDer brother!

This is for you, James!

I really don't have any current pictures of James, so OLDer ones from our childhood will have to do. He was a good looking kid, though, so I am sure he won't mind. He was a typical OLDer brother in many ways. He teased me and bugged me and did what he could to get me in trouble- seeming to quite enjoy it at times! But then, if anyone else ever even pretended to mistreat me, you can bet he would be right there to defend me. I remember a time when he was in highschool and I was in the middle school next door, I stayed home sick one day but he had not realized it. He was on the bus after school and was stressed that I was not. As the bus began to pull away, he saw a girl walk out of the middle school that looked like me and he got very upset telling the bus driver to stop. She legally could not and James became more angry- nearly getting in trouble for harassing the bus driver! He always protected me like this. I love this older picture of the two of us on a tractor together. This was 1983- He was almost 10, I was almost 6.

This is a picture of the 4 older kids (before my youngest sister, Emily, was born, obviously). This was in 1981. James is in the back, I have the straight hair, and Julie is in pigtails and my younger brother, Randy, is the baby that I am gagging by holding onto the back of his shirt to keep him up.

One thing James loves is Football. He played his entire childhood.



He is still an avid Buckeys Fan. Actually, that may be an understatement. He loves the Buckeyes so much that the results of their most recent game will literally make or break his day.


Go Bucks!!

James has always had a strong love for and real talent for music. He played many instruments throughout school- most prominently the Tuba. He had a real appreciation for good music. One of his favorites:

Phantom is also one of my all time favorite shows/pieces of music. I think it is largely his influence that got me hooked. When I was younger, and he was a teenager (therefore, OLDer than me!) he would listen to "Phantom" in his room as loud as possible. I always thought he was a bit weird for this. But then, when he left home and I got his room- a friend and I began to listen to it and it quickly turned into a passion for me as well, since I already knew a lot about it because of him. It wasn't long before it was blaring loudly from my room (which used to be his room) as well. I remember my dad walking by, shaking his head and saying "It must be the room...."
He is truly intelligent when it comes to computers. There is almost nothing he can't do or fix when it comes to a computer. It is a true gift that he has. If you have a computer question or problem, he can solve it for you. I remember a problem with my computer years ago where I called him and asked him about it. He basically stripped down my computer over the phone, telling me what buttons to push, and rebuilding it. I had no idea what I was doing- just following what he told me to do. It was amazing!
So, though he may have been a PAIN at times growing up, I am still so grateful to have an OLDer brother!
Happy Birthday, James!!!!

6 comments:

Katie said...

Cute post. I LOVE the OLD pictures. And more so the use of the word OLD. I'll have to steal that one. It was funny. I love the school bus story.

Anonymous said...

This is a cool post! But remember, while James is our OLDer brother, you are also my OLDer sister! You guys are both OLD fogies to me and always will be!

Love you!

Happy birthday to Jay!!

-Emily

trentnjeanmorello said...

lol...OLD...that is funny! I am glad you have an older brother like that because I have one too and seriously when I was younger I did not have to worry about anyone messing with me!

Calysto said...

Thank you so much, sis. That was sweet :)

*big hugs*

Abbey said...

so cute, I too can relate to the buckeye thing. If they lose it can ruin my whole day even the next. Glad you have an OLDer brother, we all need one.

Autumn said...

how fun-I've never met him but I did (sort of) now. Its fun hearing about him. I love the picture of you gagging Randy. Looks like you're taking pleasure in it. :)