Always Crazy, Always Fun, Always Love

Ray Romano once compared life with twins to living in a frat house. As he put it, "no one sleeps, there is a lot of noise and a lot of throwing up." I find this very true with 4 young children, including twins. However, though things are always crazy, we always try to have fun and, most certainly, always love each other.

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Loads of Fall Fun

Chaos is a good word to describe these last few weeks, hence the dry spell in my posting. I have no doubt there will be a few posts pretty close together to make up for it. All is well -just very busy. Here I share a few (okay, more than a few) pictures of some of the fun that has been going on:

Kindergarten Field Trip
A couple weeks ago, I went with Jacob's class on field trip to a farm. He had so much fun! So much to do here and learn about. From a giant "corn" (instead of sand) box to play in, to rubber duck races:

Tractor Driving, corn mazes, animals (even camels!!!), an enchanted forest, and much much more!

I was assigned a group of 4 kids to watch and guide around the farm. It was crazy! They were so excited that they were a bit hard to control at times...I am just glad there was only 4 of them. Even the teacher said there would be no way to do it together as a big group- small groups were much better! Here was my crew!

There were chickens and turkeys just roaming openly around the farm. I explained to the group that when they eat chicken or turkey, this is what they eat. One girl just said so matter of factly "That's disgusting." It was so funny the way she said it- I just had to laugh!

I can never say enough of how I love to spend time with Jacob when I get a chance. He is such a cool kid and so fun to talk to and hang with. I just don't get to do it near enough. I am so thankful to my mom who has been willing to help watch the girls so I can go!

Mothers of Twins Club at the Pumpkin Patch
The mothers of twins club that I am a part of spent a morning at a pumpkin patch. It was all younger children- with a few exceptions- ages 4 and under. Can you imagine 10 +moms and 20+ kids age 4 and under on a hay ride? Sound crazy? Actually all of the kids did great! It was very cold, but the kids were all well bundled and just had a wonderful time. Ellie loved the hayride and got into it. Meghan wanted nothing to do with it at first (hence the picture...), but warmed up to it later. They got to experience a corn maze as well.

I thought the following pictures of the girls picking out, and attempting to pick up, their pumpkins were hilarious!!

Then, we went to chic-fil-a for lunch afterward and played around there too! (The halloween party I speak of in the next section was the same day- a big day!) The chic-fil-a cow came around for a visit. The girls weren't too sure about him. Especially Meghan- it freaked her out. She just cried and cried and cried.... yet she was fascinated by him too. Ever since, she periodically says "Hi Cow!" remembering him!


Ward Halloween Party
Our church did a wonderful Halloween Party Friday night! We have done this for a few years now, and it just keeps getting better! The youth put it on and always do such a great job. Here are my cuties running around in costume. Kenny is an M&M, Jacob is Mr. Incredible (though I was unable to pin him down for a solo shot), Meghan is a butterfly and Ellie is a flower (coordinating with the butterfly...)

I tried so hard to get a picture of the girls together but they WOULD NOT cooperate. So much to run around and explore! It was a pizza potluck- which was a big hit with Meghan. She pronounces pizza as "people"- don't know why, but that is just how she says it. She always gets so excited to get "people" for dinner!

My friend, Amy, came with her 7 year old, Jacob as well! She also has 2 1/2 year old twin girls, but they had had a very long day (this was the same day as the pumpkin patch above, they went as well!) and were exhausted so Amy's husband stayed home with them. Her Jacob had a great time- I kept trying to take pictures of him in his picachu outfit (I am not a pokemon follower, so I don't know if I spelled that right) but he kept running off!

But we did get some family shots taken!
For those who are curious, Aaron's costume is "the car doctor." I am not into costumes, which is why I am not wearing one and Aaron was calling me a spoil sport!

Amy was able to get Jacob to pose for a shot of them together:
This is a shot of Amy's twins, Amelia and Sophia, taken during a previous play date. They are so adorable and we love getting together to play! Meghan continually asks for "Fia", her friend.

Other Fun Moments:
We did our annual family pumpkin carving. Aaron really enjoys doing it and did an awesome job this year as well! We always take a picture of the kids with the pumpkin, but Ellen and Meghan weren't much in the mood. So, the picture if a little off, but that makes it kind of funny- a "real" moment!And one last picture, just for fun.... Ellie was catching up on her reading..scanning the adds for some good deals!So, there you go- 1 1/2 weeks in the life of us. We have really enjoyed spending time together and enjoying the season! Phew... that was a long post! Anyone who hung on this long should get an award!! :)

5 comments:

Kelly said...

WOW!! You busy, busy mom, you!! I loved it!! I don't love chaos, but that looks like organized chaos, and you did great!! I love all the pictures, and the fun fall brings!! Loved the costumes, and Aaron too- next year I challenge you to dress up- if I can do it, so can you!!

Kristin said...

You HAVE been busy! Fall is a delightfully busy time, isn't it?

Katie said...

Yeah, you have been crazy busy. Cute, cute costumes. I love the little costumes you have the girls in. And good for Aaron for dressing up, too.

Lauri said...

I love this time of year. There's a lot of great things to keep busy with.

The Koenig Family said...

Woe girl! Slow down--you are amazing. Great pics and fun stuff. You're family is adorable! BTW-we are feeling better-thanks for asking!