Always Crazy, Always Fun, Always Love

Ray Romano once compared life with twins to living in a frat house. As he put it, "no one sleeps, there is a lot of noise and a lot of throwing up." I find this very true with 4 young children, including twins. However, though things are always crazy, we always try to have fun and, most certainly, always love each other.

Sunday, October 5, 2008

Meet Julie

As I have mentioned in previous posts, I have four siblings. One older brother, a younger brother and two younger sisters. It has occurred to me that I have posted little about them since I began blogging. This point was further driven home last week when my sister, Julie, told me that she wanted to be in a post. Her birthday was on August 1st. I had wanted to do a birthday post, but that was right during the time of our anniversary and when my other sister had a baby, so it just never happened. So, Julie, this one is for you!!!

Julie is so fun. Anyone who meets her immediately likes her. She is smart and fun and easy to talk to. I think the best way to describe her personality is a mix between sophistication and down-to-earth common sense. She enjoys the finer things in life and likes to have things just right, but also enjoys kicking back, hanging out and watching her favorite silly shows (her absolute favorite? The Simpsons!).

Though our lives and our personalities could not be more different, we have always been close. I was only 23 months old when she was born, so we always had to share a room, clothes, toys, everything. When she was born, I couldn't say "Julie"- I pronounced it "chewy" and that name stuck- she still gets called that today sometimes. Sometimes we were best friends, sometimes the deepest enemies (I still have the scars from her nails as proof...). Today, I consider her one of my best friends. These two pictures were taken in 1982- I was 5 and she was 3. (Don't you love our car in the background??)


Julie married Jorge in 2000 (sorry, no picture- but he is a wonderful brother-in-law! Always doing what he can for everyone and shows love easily. Not to mention so funny- always makes us laugh!!) She is an excellent aunt and loves her nieces and nephews. And they adore her! Enjoy a few pictures:


The above picture is probably my all time favorite picture of her. She is holding Jacob when he was just a few days old.


This was Halloween 2003. Jacob is in the exersaucer, observing the fun. Aaron is the "pizza man" (his last minute costume idea- he was delivering for Donatos at the time....), Kenny was Tigger and Julie dressed as Janis Joplin. (I was taking the picture and was NOT dressed up!)


She frequently refers to Ellen & Meghan as "her girls." Julie has a group of friends that all have small children. They frequently get together and do play dates. Julie doesn't have little ones of her own yet and so she "borrowed" a baby to take on a playdate! This is Julie with Ellie. They both had so much fun! I am so truly grateful that my kids are growing up close to their aunts and uncles and are able to develop this kind of relationship.

Julie is currently going to school and studying Interior Design. Seriously, she is incredible at it. This is what she was meant to do. If anyone needs some help with redecorating- she is trying to put together a portfolio! She has been working for years as a "Patient Care Associate (PCA)" in a nearby hospital. She hates her job but has stuck with it (and does very well at it, I might add!) because they have been paying for her school. She has just over a year left until she graduates. Recently, she redid some of the rooms in her house, including the guest bedroom- I wish I had a room like this for me! It is just gorgeous! Her inspiration for the room is this:

She has quite a few of the blue and white vases and matching ceramics around her house. She uses them as the theme in the guest bathroom and carried the idea over into the guest bedroom. While in the room, looking around, the whole view is balanced, it is just hard to see from a few snapshots. You can click on them to see them a little bigger. Especially look at the ones with the wall hangings- those are the blue and white ceramic coasters!! What a cool idea!!


So, as you can see- Julie is awesome and I am so grateful to have her as a sister. She has a big heart, very generous, so fun to be with and so very talented. LOVE YOU JULIE!!!

7 comments:

The Cochran Family said...

Yah Julie, that room is beautiful!! Tell her I think it is AMAZING! It's so good to hear about my long lost friend! I always looked up to Julie so much b/c she was just so nice and non-judgmental. She could talk to the most popular girl in school or the nerdiest girl in school and act the same to them-NICE! She is a great girl! Tell her I said Hello!

Valarie said...

Mandy what a great post!!! She showed me that room when I was there visitng and it is amazing! Too bad she won't get to read all the wondeful things you said about her because she will just scan your blog for interesting pictures. :) Love you Julie!!! Miss you TONS!

Kelly said...

I have met her and YES, she is amazing! So talented and full of great ideas- the twin's shower alone showed off some of her talents. I so love the blue room and the dimensions! So great!

Kelly said...

Letter tag- you get the letter B!! Have fun!!

Abbey said...

She is so cute and talented. you can tell that you two are sisters. I love her decorating. Maybe one day when I have a big house she can help.

Katie said...

YOu definitely look like sisters. Things like this always make me wish I had one.

Autumn said...

Its so fun to have a sister close in age. Your fav pic is also mine. I LOVE love love that wall she did -awesomE!! She's very good. happy bday to Julie!