Always Crazy, Always Fun, Always Love

Ray Romano once compared life with twins to living in a frat house. As he put it, "no one sleeps, there is a lot of noise and a lot of throwing up." I find this very true with 4 young children, including twins. However, though things are always crazy, we always try to have fun and, most certainly, always love each other.

Monday, November 17, 2008

Crazy Times and Crazy Hair

The other day, at dinner, I pulled out the camera for a different reason. However, as soon as I did, Meghan yells "Cheeeeeeeeeese!!!!" Despite the chicken and mashed potatoes all over her tray, her face, and her sticky hair, I had to capture her yelling cheese. Even with the mess, she is still cute...at least that is my opinion...
A couple weeks ago, the boys had a "Crazy Hair" day at school. We had all kind of fun getting ready that morning! Not to mention the amount of water, gel and hairspray we used....
Ellie decided she wanted a snack and I didn't lock the cabinet...
Here is what I did all weekend:
Made 300+ buckeyes (for you non-Ohioans...this is peanut butter/chocolate perfection disquised as the nut for which our Ohio State football team is made) Go Buckeyes!! Beat Michigan this weekend!!
Made two pans of peppermint bark. This and the above buckeyes, I made for two reasons. First, to sell at a table at a Mothers of Twins club meeting this week. They are having a member sale night where those with a hobby/home business can sell their wares.
These yummy cookies, I made to practice for an upcoming Pampered Chef show I am doing. I will prepare them during the party. They are Peppermint Fudge Cookie Sandwiches. Click on that name to get the recipe- very yummy!!!

So, I basically lived in the kitchen. In addition to that, I also made pancakes from scratch for breakfast, served lunch, took care of babies. Finally at dinner time, I gave in and let Aaron go get KFC for dinner (see Meghan's picture above....)

Crazy huh?

Well, now I have mentioned everyone except Aaron. He spent much of the weekend bringing a friends New Beetle back to life. It was DOA when it was towed into our garage. Now it runs great!
He and another friend fixed it at a fraction of the cost that the garage would have charged. And now, we have a little extra money for bills/Christmas because of it. I am grateful for his talent.... either from fixing our cars himself or fixing friends cars- it is a huge help!

So, life gets crazy, yes, but I wouldn't have it any other way really. I think if it slowed down too much, I would just get bored.

7 comments:

Kelly said...

Meghan is even more adorable with potatoes on her face!!
Love that you have such a talented hubby, and that you are even more talented in the kitchen!! What yummy treats!! I am doing buckeyes later next week, I think. My parents gave us some yesterday, and I am in heaven!!

Katie said...

You are a talented cook. No wonder you were expecting last week to be so bad. It all looks delish!

Your kiddos are cuter than ever.

Lauri said...

I read your blog while I was at school but it won't allow me to see pictures so I had to wait till I got home to take a look. Your little girls are so cute, even when they're a mess.

And your treats look yummy!

Autumn said...

So fun! Busy busy-I can't wait to make the peppermint cookies. mmmm. And your buckeyes are SO much prettier than mine ever have been!!

trentnjeanmorello said...

Sounds like "Fun"! um...Buckeyes are SO yummy!!! Go Bucks!

Emilee said...

i just love all the kids photos and in my opionion, they all are so adorabley cute!

The Cochran Family said...

I loved you boys hair! The spikes are great! Those treats looked soooo sooo good! Do you love your buckeyer recipe? I wanna make some! So when my VW breaks down I know where to come...to help you with your christmas budget:)