Always Crazy, Always Fun, Always Love

Ray Romano once compared life with twins to living in a frat house. As he put it, "no one sleeps, there is a lot of noise and a lot of throwing up." I find this very true with 4 young children, including twins. However, though things are always crazy, we always try to have fun and, most certainly, always love each other.

Monday, December 8, 2008

Breakfast with Santa....The Good, The Bad, The Scared....

Saturday, our ward had its annual Christmas Breakfast. We look forward to it every year- it is always in early December and it is just a fun way to kick off the Christmas season. It still seems so unreal that the Christmas 08 season is really in full swing. I swear it is true that the years do go by faster the older you get. Last Christmas just doesn't seem like it was that long ago. Anyway, I digress. This year did not disappoint! We had a great time visiting with friends, eating yummy breakfast treats brought via potluck, and of course- sitting on Santa's lap! The chorale group of a nearby high school came and performed and put on an AMAZING show. I think I could have watched them dance and sing all day. Kenny was even chosen out of the audience to participate in a song where they dressed him up as they sang. You can tell by the ear-to-ear grin that it made his day.

The morning was topped off by the long awaited visitor! The boys couldn't wait to sit on Santa's lap and tell him they had been good this year. The girls weren't so sure.
This was while we were waiting in line still- Meghan was already uneasy. It didn't get better for the girls.... Here are the photos of all...


Ellie did fine until I actually put her on his lap. She was not interested at all. Meghan- we couldn't even get her near his lap, but I still wanted a picture with Santa, which is why Aaron is standing behind Santa holding her. Lets just say, she got the attention of the then entire room.

Bring on Christmas, I am ready!!

4 comments:

Katie said...

I was always disappointed that the Reynoldsburg ward did a breakfast rather than a dinner. then we went to a breakfast with Santa at Parker's school on Saturday and I found myself missing it.

Sorry your girls had a rough time. I've never had a kid with Santa-phobia.

Kelly said...

It was a great breakfast this year- I agree- love those singers! I missed my kids with Santa- I had a hair appt., so I left Dana to take the pics...I will do a post about that later...you get the idea!
Love the pics of yours with Santa- and if it makes you feel any better- my kids are always skiddish around Santa- it is just an odd thing...I totally understand it too!

Autumn said...

That is so funny. Ellie "met" Santa on Saturday and it would have been the same if I had gotten her so close. FUNNY!

Bon Bon said...

My guys always cried when they saw Santa. Got some great pix anyway!