Always Crazy, Always Fun, Always Love

Ray Romano once compared life with twins to living in a frat house. As he put it, "no one sleeps, there is a lot of noise and a lot of throwing up." I find this very true with 4 young children, including twins. However, though things are always crazy, we always try to have fun and, most certainly, always love each other.

Thursday, December 4, 2008

Happy Birthday, Mom!!!!!!

A special Happy Birthday to my mom today!!! Today she is 56 years old. I found I don't have many pictures of her. I think because she is frequently taking pictures of everyone else and then emailing them to us. This reminds me that I need to be more diligent with my camera and take more of her. Here is one with her, taken in March, with Aaron and all 4 of our kids.
She is an amazing person and lives for her family! And, honestly, we can't imagine living without her. She is the worlds best mom! Her name is Sara Ellen, which is where my little one, Ellen, got her name. Here is my mom with her namesake shortly after she was born:
I thought it would be fun just to tell everyone some fun/interesting things about my mom for the world to know:
  • She has been a nurse her entire adult life- and a very good one, I might add. I often call her before calling our own doctors to get her opinion first.
  • She has worked the night shift now for so many years that she has turned completely nocturnal. Even when she is off, she can seldom sleep well at night. I frequently get emails from her stamped at 2 am. She also works on her quilts and scrapbooks during that time. Or housecleaning or whatever needs done!
  • Speaking of quilting and scrapbooking, she is very talented in many areas. She made each of her children a quilt within the last few years. Here is the one she made for me:
It is the perfect size and warmth for cuddling on the couch to watch TV or read a book.
  • She has been married 37 years and has 5 children and 8 grandchildren.
  • She is a great cook and enjoys doing so when she has the time/people to cook for.
  • Mom is probably the most selfless person I know!
  • She is a very good budding photographer. It is a new hobby for her. She recently joined a local camera club and has submitted some beautiful photos for concerts.
  • She is always happily willing to help with her grandkids whenever she can. She was there when all my kids were born, helped after they were born (sooooo helpful after the girls were born), and babysits often when we need to go somewhere.
  • My kids love Grandma because she is a cuddler and they know she loves to hug them and hold them on her lap.
  • She is a "blog stalker"- she loves reading my, my sister's, and my sister-in-law's blog. She also visits some of my friends blogs pretty regularly. But, she never ever comments...so, you never know... she may be watching!
Happy Birthday Mom!!!!! I love you!!!!
Also-

A Special Anniversary wish to:
My Grandparents!!! They are celebrating 63 years together today! (My dad's parents)



Makes me think about where we will be after 63 years. I love my grandparents and hope they enjoy their special day!

One Final Note-

This is my 100th post!!! Yay!!! I have enjoyed doing this blog more than I ever imagined. Thank you to all my readers who have helped keep me motivated!

3 comments:

Kelly said...

Your mom is so wonderful!! LOve that you wrote so many wonderful things about her-
Congrats to your grandparents- 63- that is amazing, too!
Happy 100 post- I love reading all you have to say! Keep it up!

Autumn said...

I love your Mom's smile. Happy birthday to her! And congrats to your Grandparents!

Abbey said...

You are always so good at honoring your family on their birthdays, so cute.