Always Crazy, Always Fun, Always Love

Ray Romano once compared life with twins to living in a frat house. As he put it, "no one sleeps, there is a lot of noise and a lot of throwing up." I find this very true with 4 young children, including twins. However, though things are always crazy, we always try to have fun and, most certainly, always love each other.

Friday, January 9, 2009

Fantastic Fitness Friday Report 5- Back on Track

So, I don't think I am the only one who "gave up" over the holidays.... And, unfortunately, I lost some serious ground- to an embarrassing degree. But, I am back on track with a new determination to get this right! I have even teamed up with some friends (Autumn, Katie and Others...) to be accountable to each other and work as a team. I am excited! I am ready for my clothes to fit right again and just to be comfortable in my own skin again.

My new goals include: sticking with my weekly allotment of Weight Watchers points, even when it gets hard; exercise at least twice a week, drink 64 oz of water daily; eating two servings each of fruits and vegis; and not eating my kids leftovers. What I like about Weight Watchers is I don't have to swear off the foods I love, like chocolate and pizza, but I do have to control it- budget it- to fit into my weekly allotment. Then, I don't feel so deprived.

My first week has started off well! I am already down 7 lbs!! (Don't worry- I know this won't keep up- I always do amazingly well the first week and then it tapers down to 1-2 lbs a week, like it should be.) I have gotten most of my water in most days and I have exercised twice. I have eaten my fruits and veggies and had a couple of cookies and ate homemade pizza tonight! So, I feel really good- I feel good about what I have eaten and how I have treated myself this week. So, I have updated my little ticker (finally...) and am renewed in my commitment to keep up on things. Thank you for the support from all my friends and family- you have no idea how much it helps!

4 comments:

Sara Emily said...

yay! it'll be fun doing weight watchers with you! :)

Katie said...

nice work! IT was a good week for me, too. Weight watchers sounds like a perfect plan...enjoying pizza and chocolate! I should included not picking at my kids food in my plan. Why is that such a temptation?

Kelly said...

You are on the right track!! I am so impressed with your determination! Way to go!

Autumn said...

great job Amanda!! 7 lbs is awesome!!!!!