Always Crazy, Always Fun, Always Love

Ray Romano once compared life with twins to living in a frat house. As he put it, "no one sleeps, there is a lot of noise and a lot of throwing up." I find this very true with 4 young children, including twins. However, though things are always crazy, we always try to have fun and, most certainly, always love each other.

Friday, January 16, 2009

A Mother's Heart is Breaking Today......

As most people know, I am a member of a local Mothers of Twins Club. We have a "Yahoo Group" designed where we can send messages or questions to the whole group. It was through this site that I first met Leslie while she was a new member expecting her twins. She found out during the pregnancy that one of the babies was completely normal and one had a rare defect called CDH. This is where abdominal organs herniate through a defective diaphram pressing against developing organs in the chest cavity, such as the lungs. It can be fatal and is very critical, but if operated on soon after birth, the baby has a decent chance. I have never met Leslie, but I have been following their progress from a blog she set up and told us about via the Yahoo group. The babies were born on November 3rd and the one with CDH, Gabby, has been fighting a brave fight ever since. Things did not go well for this little girl and she has been struggling since birth with many ups and downs in her progress. It has been a literal roller coaster.

I checked her blog today and Gabby lost her battle yesterday. I know they are crushed. Please keep them in your prayers. They have been so exhausted between caring for the healthy newborn-Natalie- (an exhausting job in itself...) while also constantly sitting with and worrying about baby Gabby. They wanted both babies so badly, but also couldn't stand to watch Gabby suffer. While part of me is glad that Gabby is no longer suffering, I am heartbroken for Leslie. We all had hopes that she would recover and lead a normal life, but God needs her in heaven.

Here is a link to her blog, and here is a picture she posted of her baby just a few days ago.


I think this is also a good reminder for us all to count our blessings. It is easy to get run down and complain about things in life. But, you know, our kids are healthy and strong. Life is good. I have no right to complain about anything...ever. Leslie, I am so truly sorry for your loss. This picture speaks of what a sweet little girl she is.

5 comments:

Breezi said...

I can't even imagine. What a heart break.
That picture is so tender. Her eyes are so pure and it seems like she's speaking out to you. It's like She knows of the things to come, and is trying to tell you it's going to be okay.

For sure this family will be in our prayers.

trentnjeanmorello said...

I cannot even begin to understand what these parents are feeling because I have never been through this situation, but our prayers are with them.

Suzanne said...

I feel parents that are faced with these kinds of trials must be the strong ones. I'm sorry for your friend and I'm sure she is grateful for your support!

Kelly said...

My heart is broken too- what a tremendous loss for Leslie- as a mother, we know what love truly is, and to experience loss in that way is heart wrenching. I am so sorry for her and know that many have her in their prayers too.

Mom Janet said...

Tears ran down my face when I read this. Such a hard loss for everyone. She is so beautiful and innocent and now God has her in His big protective arms making her whole and healthy. What a special little angel they will always have nearby.