Always Crazy, Always Fun, Always Love

Ray Romano once compared life with twins to living in a frat house. As he put it, "no one sleeps, there is a lot of noise and a lot of throwing up." I find this very true with 4 young children, including twins. However, though things are always crazy, we always try to have fun and, most certainly, always love each other.

Thursday, January 8, 2009

My Ladies' Man

Last night I was making dinner when the phone ring. I checked the caller ID and did not recognize the number, but answered anyway. The conversation went like this:

Me: "Hello?"
Caller: (some little girl voice rambling something I don't really understand...)

Me: (I considered hanging up thinking she had probably accidentally called the wrong number but instead said...) "Who is this?"

Caller: "I am your son's friend"
Me:(Interesting...I have two sons....) "Who are you calling to talk to?"
Caller: "Kenny" (my 7 year old...)
Me: "Oh, okay! What is your name?"
Caller: "Trinity" (I recognize her name from field trips and such)

So, by now, Kenny realizes he has a call and when I tell him who is calling for him, he gets all excited and says "Oh, it's my girlfriend, Trinity!" He then lounges on the couch to chat with his girl:


So, it starts already? Scary........ Cute, but scary..................

6 comments:

Autumn said...

OH MY GOSH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is too funny. My favorite thing about all of this is the picture!!! I'm so glad you were able to capture it! Not just talking to her-but in the living room-in front of everyone-lounging on the couch-and TELLING you it was his girlfriend! Hey if he can be so open about it, this could be a good pattern, even if its starting SO early! So hilarious!!

Katie said...

Ahhhh! Is Kenny really old enough to get phone calls from girls? I don't think I started that so young.

But that pose on the couch is PRICELESS!

Thanks for sharing.

Breezi said...

HOLY COW! I only have a year before this starts?!?!

WOW. my mouth is at the floor.

Kenny is so cute though.. how could you not just sit back and enjoy this moment. Remember: at least he can't take her on a date for 9 more years.
That should give you ample peace of mind :)

Kelly said...

That is the cutest picture of him I have ever seen!! I love it, and yes, when you have a cute son, it begins this early!! Get used to it!

Sara Emily said...

ha ha ha ha ha!!! Why didn't u tell me about this last night? That is HILARIOUS!

trentnjeanmorello said...

This is TOO funny!!! Phone calls start so young now...