Always Crazy, Always Fun, Always Love

Ray Romano once compared life with twins to living in a frat house. As he put it, "no one sleeps, there is a lot of noise and a lot of throwing up." I find this very true with 4 young children, including twins. However, though things are always crazy, we always try to have fun and, most certainly, always love each other.

Friday, January 23, 2009

Snow Daze

Today, here in Ohio, it is gloriously 45 degrees. I never thought I would use the words "glorious" and "45 degrees" in the same sentence, but- let me tell you- compared to the -10 degrees it was last week, 45 feels down right balmy! And, no that is not a misprint. It was not 10 degrees, but MINUS 10! With wind chills much lower! I tell you, I don't cope well with the cold. Winter lasts way too darn long if you ask me. Compared to a week ago, it feels like spring- at least for a day- so I am soaking it up.

Last weekend, it was in the 20's, which was still significantly warmer than -10 so we went out to play in the snow. Kenny could live outside I think! Even when it was so bitter cold, he wanted to play outside, but of course, I wouldn't let him. Jacob likes it for a few minutes, but usually not very long. The girls had not yet played in the snow at all, so since it was in the 20's, we went out to let them explore. Here are some pictures to enjoy (and in case you are wondering, Jacob is absent because he fell in the snow pretty early on and was upset about the cold so I sent him inside):

All bundled and ready! Thanks, Aunt Julie, for the cute coats and boots!



They are loving the snow!




Ellie spent a lot of time just swingin' on the swings. I think I got snow on my camera lens. Oh well, you get the idea.




Meghan spent a lot of time just exploring everything.

The girls just absolutely loved the snow! They outlasted me. I am very "fair weather" and only enjoy snow really when I am inside. So, I got cold and tired and took them inside and they were not too happy about it. Whenever it is snowing, the both get all excited and say "it noming! it noming!"

3 comments:

Valarie said...

Awwwww, I really miss the snow! I wish my littles could come over and play! :(

Katie said...

It was 85 here today.

I never thought I'd say this, but I would have liked a little bit of a winter. Not a long one...but snow from Thanksgiving til Christmas...and that's it.

Kelly said...

I actually took down our Christmas lights outside today!! The first day I even attempted it with the freezing and snow! I was even with just a jacket on!! It was glorious, I so agree!!