Always Crazy, Always Fun, Always Love

Ray Romano once compared life with twins to living in a frat house. As he put it, "no one sleeps, there is a lot of noise and a lot of throwing up." I find this very true with 4 young children, including twins. However, though things are always crazy, we always try to have fun and, most certainly, always love each other.

Monday, January 26, 2009

Splashing Away the Winter Blahs!

This post will be dramatically different from two posts ago when I talked about the kids playing in the snow with pictures of them all bundled up and romping in the white stuff. However, let me assure you before I proceed, that the weather has not changed a bit. It is a very typical Ohio January. It was in the 20's today and we got another couple inches of snow over the weekend.
Here is a sampling of what we did this weekend:

This is Meghan and Ellen splashing away in a pool. We live very close- really within walking distance- of an indoor waterpark!! It was built a few years ago, but we had yet to go because, honestly, it is one of those really expensive places that is beyond our budget. However, the Mothers of Twins club I am a member of hosted a family day there over the weekend with tickets dirt cheap. We just couldn't pass it up. As I said, it is close enough we could walk- but that would involved crossing a 6 lane interstate freeway with 4 kids (two in a stroller) in 20 degree temperatures- so we drove. It took a whole 2 minutes to get there!

The kids were sooooo excited! Okay, Aaron and I were too. Ever since it was built, Kenny and Jacob have been asking to go there (you can even see the tube slides coming out of building and then back in..). We would always say "maybe someday...."

The kids had a blast! Though, it was certainly overwhelming for Aaron and I. The girls were so hard to keep track of and keep above water. They were completely fearless- which is not a good thing around water. The baby pool was only about a foot deep- but still scary. For the boys, there was a giant play area- like a huge playground/jungle gym with water spraying and buckets dumping all over the place. We would frequently lose them for a while- it was impossible to see them every minute. There were lifeguards everywhere and water was only a few inches so physically they were safe, but you just never know about creepy strangers. But, they had a ball. Aaron and I even took turns watching the kids once so the other could go down one of the giant slides! A very fun day. It was kind of surreal to be splashing around in the water in 80 degree temperatures yet look out the window and see snow. If it seems there are more pictures of some kids then others (ahem...the girls...) it isn't because they are cuter or we love them more- we just had to stay with them to keep track of them. The boys were hard to chase down for pictures. Not to mention I was risking our new camera with each picture with all the water/ bucket dumping around. But, I had to record the day! Enjoy some pictures of the day:

Kenny:




Jacob:



Ellen:



Meghan:



So, a lot of fun was had by all. The only bad part was when the baby pool had to close for a while due to an "unwelcome floatie"...... ewww... But, we were pretty well done with the baby pool by then anyway. It was certainly a fun way to forget it was winter and dream of summer- at least for a few hours!

3 comments:

Lauri said...

What a fun, fun thing to do when it is so cold outside. I forget that in some parts of the country it is still very wintery. It has been in the 60's and 70's here.

I agree with you though about how difficult it is to take younguns to a water place. When I used to take my kiddos to the beach, I was a nervous wreck. After everyone left home, I used to go down to the beach with one of my girlfriends and we'd take some magazines and beach chairs and have a delightful afternoon...such a different scenario.

Sara Emily said...

I am sooo jealous. I am sooo ready for summer. I am soooo sick of the snow!! And poor Joey has serious cabin fever, too but it's just too darn cold and snowy to do anything! I think Joey would have a blast at those places. I can't wait to go to coco key some time soon!

Kelly said...

WE are thinking of taking our kids for Spring Break- they have good weekly deals- Alex had been twice, and it looks like a perfect place to beat these crappy winter blah's!!
Love the pics!