Always Crazy, Always Fun, Always Love

Ray Romano once compared life with twins to living in a frat house. As he put it, "no one sleeps, there is a lot of noise and a lot of throwing up." I find this very true with 4 young children, including twins. However, though things are always crazy, we always try to have fun and, most certainly, always love each other.

Sunday, January 25, 2009

Weekly Fitness Report 6

Overall, it was a good week. Some setbacks, but I kept it together even so. For that reason alone, I consider it a success. I have a bad habit of once I "mess up" once or twice, of just saying "forget it" for the week. This was one thing I remember them addressing in weight watcher meetings when I used to go that has stuck with me- and helped this week! They said to not let a bad moment become a bad day and then become a bad week and then a bad month, year, etc. I had some treats and such during the week, but I planned for them and was ready. My big set back of the week was when a group of friends and I decided last minute to go to Cold Stone Creamery while we were out. I thought for sure I could find a frozen yogurt or something. I had never been in a CSC before and I was having a hard time deciphering the menu. So, I gave in and got some sinful thing I really wanted- and just got a small portion. I went in there with 7 points left for the day (I had done really well that day!!) but then, when I went home and figured out the points value of the ice cream I ate....well, it was like 20 points. Ugh... And then, to add insult to injury there, I looked up and there was an add in the window (but not on the menu...) about low calorie frozen yogurts...oh well. But, thanks to my commitment to myself and to report to my healthy group, I pulled it together, continued to do well the rest of the week and even pulled off a weight loss of 1 pound!!! Yay! Alert the media- it is huge! Ha ha...... But really, I consider it a successful week just because I did exercise and stuck to my goals despite a couple set backs in the week. That proves to me I do have the strength to make this life style change as long as I stay committed to do so.

4 comments:

Busy Mom said...

Hey Amanda!
I didn't know you blogged until you tagged me in Facebook. I have been blogging for a few months now. It looks like you have been doing it a little longer. Check mine out at ned5clark.blogspot.com
Talk to you soon,
Karen

Autumn said...

go girl!! every bit counts.

Katie said...

I had a rough week, too. Once I have a bad moment, it turns into a bad day. But luckily not always a bad week. By Tuesday I had used all the "freebies" I allow myslef. I didn't think I'd make it til Sunday, but I somehow pulled through.

I'd embrace that one pound. I dropped my Holiday weight gain my first week back to good health, but have been at a stand still ever since.

STUFFellaneous said...

Hang in there. You CAN do it!!!