Always Crazy, Always Fun, Always Love

Ray Romano once compared life with twins to living in a frat house. As he put it, "no one sleeps, there is a lot of noise and a lot of throwing up." I find this very true with 4 young children, including twins. However, though things are always crazy, we always try to have fun and, most certainly, always love each other.

Saturday, February 28, 2009

I Am Still Alive!!!!

This past week has been crazy to say the least. I kept saying to myself... if only I can make it to Saturday afternoon..... I haven't had a moment all week to blog or read other friends blogs and only made the briefest of appearances on Facebook. It was the best I could do to check my email. Yet, despite the busy times, just not much exciting to write about. I just wanted to do a quick post to acknowledge my existence and promise to write more soon. For now, here is a run down of the past week, for those who care:

-We all got sick.....AGAIN!!! (all of us....I am so done with February- bring on March!)
-I went to the temple- the peace and Spirit that evening was just what I needed
-Tagged kid items to sell at the bi-annual Mothers of Twins club sale (two totes of clothes, a box of shoes & misc, one crib, double stroller, a few toys & misc items)
-Went to a doctors appointment
-babysat
-did my visiting teaching
-visited my grandfather who is very ill and dealing with the emotions of knowing he only has a couple days left on this earth (more on this later).
-did a Pampered Chef party & earned a little extra money
-shopped at the sale mentioned above- got most of the girls summer wear and some for the boys!
-worked the above mentioned sale- about 6 hours total between Friday night and this morning. I sold all but 1/2 tote of clothes! I am thrilled!
-due to illness, exhaustion and busyness I didn't exercise much at all and eating?....well, not pretty
-Last Saturday, the boys went with my parents to the Air Force Museum (may post pictures they emailed me at some point). At the moment, the boys are at a concert with Aaron (Star Wars music and the "Planet" songs)

And now, I am tired. I made it to Saturday afternoon and it feels really good to just sit here and do nothing for a bit- watching mindless sitcoms while I catch up on my computer fun and watch the girls eat processed, microwaved chicken nuggets for dinner. I still have bills to pay, grocery shopping to do, and a house that really needs cleaned but for now, I sit and breathe. Life is good!

2 comments:

Katie said...

OOO. Weeks like that are rough. I'm glad you made it through. We've been sick over and over and over again this winter, too. I don't get it.

I can't believe you have stuff to sell biannually. It seems you barely had this sale.

Good luck finding time to breathe next week.

Suzanne said...

Sounds Fun! I may want to order something from Pampered Chef. Can I get a catalog from you if/when you think about it? I never think about when it's a good time to call you. Hope next week is a little more calm! It was nice to see you at the Temple.