Always Crazy, Always Fun, Always Love

Ray Romano once compared life with twins to living in a frat house. As he put it, "no one sleeps, there is a lot of noise and a lot of throwing up." I find this very true with 4 young children, including twins. However, though things are always crazy, we always try to have fun and, most certainly, always love each other.

Sunday, March 8, 2009

Happy Birthday, Randy!!!!

My "little" brother, Randy, turns 28 today!! I say "little" in that way because he towers several inches over me. I thought it would be fun to show off some cute pictures of him. I love the above baby picture of him. It shows the personality he has even now. Just fun and happy!


I found this one of him and me with our mom in 1983. I just had to include it. He would have been 2, I would have been 6.
Randy has always been very active throughout his life. He played drums in the band (very well I may add....) and loves football and basketball. He played varsity in high school.
He was very active in scouts and received his Eagle scout. He was active in the "Order of the Arrow" and frequently participated in shows.

When he was 19, he went on a mission for our church to Tampico, Mexico. You can see where Tampico is by looking on the east side of Mexico- about half way down, right on the Gulf Coast.
When he submitted his paperwork for his mission, he requested non-Spanish speaking and no spicy foods, due to stomach problems. So, he was shocked when he received the call to Mexico. However, he showed great faith and went. He served an amazing mission, spreading the gospel to many. He fell in love with the people and the culture. When he arrived home, he went to Ohio State University and got a Masters degree in Spanish and is now in his second year of teaching Spanish at a nearby high school. He is an amazing teacher- the kids love him!

I love this picture from his mission:He also coaches freshman football and is an awesome coach. I think his team is undeafeted- or at least close to it.

Randy has been married to Melissa for nearly 5 years and has two beautiful daughters- Kaylee (almost 4) and Kristen (2 1/2). Obviously, this picture is a couple years out of date, but it was the only one I could find and you can still see how beautiful his family is!Randy is truly an amazing person. He is a gifted teacher and is always willing to help whenever needed. I am happy to call him my "little" brother.

Happy Birthday, Randy!!!


4 comments:

Sara Emily said...

Yay! Happy birthday Randy!! He is such a great brother! I love these pics you have up here of him. I was always so proud to be his sister when we were in high school - he is so cool. :) I'm still proud to be his sister!!

Kelly said...

Randy and you are much alike- seriously- wonderful amazing teachers and great friends! Instantly likeable and true friends- Dana and RAndy have become great friends, and I totally see why- Happy Birthday, Randy!!

Autumn said...

Happy birthday Randy! Such great pictures! Talk about a baby full of personality! That is darling. And Amanda you look so cute in that picture with your mom! I can't get over the request about the mission-and the override! Unreal. I have a great picture of Randy dancing when we were youth. I'll have to show you sometime. Having gone out with Randy a few times, I agree, he is an awesome guy. :) I'm glad I get to see him and Melissa occasionally in our stake building.

Kristin said...

Hi Amanda - long time no visit! Sorry abou that! This was a very sweet post - I love the football picture especially.