Always Crazy, Always Fun, Always Love

Ray Romano once compared life with twins to living in a frat house. As he put it, "no one sleeps, there is a lot of noise and a lot of throwing up." I find this very true with 4 young children, including twins. However, though things are always crazy, we always try to have fun and, most certainly, always love each other.

Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter Fun!

I absolutely LOVE Easter. My favorite holiday is Christmas, but it is closely followed by Easter. Today was wonderful. We went to church as usual and heard some wonderful Easter messages and beautiful music and then had dinner with my family. The weather was bright and sunny and cool- about 55 degrees- not bad at all! It was really fun to be a parent and enjoy the fun with the kids as well as introducing them to the beautiful meaning of Easter. I just had to post the festivities!

On Saturday, April 4th, the Mothers of Twins Club I am in hosted an Easter egg hunt. This was a first for the girls- They were just too little last year. The boys always get excited to do them. It was sooooo cold- only in the upper 30's, but it was sunny and that made it okay.




And yesterday, we colored eggs! This is always a hit. I always loved doing this growing up. I was a little nervous about involving the girls, but they did really well. The only "tragedy" was when Ellie grabbed the cup of orange and knocked it off, shattering the glass. I cried out not from anger but because it startled me. What a mess-but funny at the same time. I didn't think to get that picture until it was cleaned up. Note Ellie's orange sleeve and hand below.



Ellie kept wanting to explore the egg dye this way. Thank goodness the package said "non-toxic"...

Then, before going to bed, we made the "Easter Story Cookies." They don't taste totally wonderful, but they are fun to make and there are scriptures you read as you go along. It was an awesome and memorable way to share the Easter story with them. Get the recipe here. They are actually kind of hollow inside when they are done- signifying the empty tomb!

Last night, the Easter bunny visited! The last couple of years I was faced with a dilemma. When I was young, my parents (ahem...the Easter Bunny...) always put the hard-boiled eggs we colored in our baskets and then hid them in the house for us to find in the morning. I (I mean, the Easter bunny...) wanted to hide them before going to bed- but I can't just leave the eggs in the basket over night... So, I asked my mom what they did. They actually left the eggs in the baskets all night!!!! Ewwww..... she reminded me that this was 20 + years ago before there was all the study on food safety. Yet, surprisingly- I don't remember us ever getting sick from eating eggs left out all night. So, our solution was to keep the eggs in the refrigerator until the Easter Bunny got up early before the kids and then put the eggs in the basket and hid the baskets and then went back to bed. That silly Easter Bunny hid Kenny's basket really well! After much searching he finally found it IN THE DRYER!! Crazy bunny......



Happy Easter Everyone!!!!!

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Fun Easter you all had! I loved it too! I love all the pics, and the girls are growing so much and so cute in those matching/coordinating outfits!

Katie said...

CUTE! We never use glass cups for egg dyeing. We had a major spill one year and my dog happened to be under the table....his white was stained green for a couple weeks. Oddly enough, this was before we had kids.