Always Crazy, Always Fun, Always Love

Ray Romano once compared life with twins to living in a frat house. As he put it, "no one sleeps, there is a lot of noise and a lot of throwing up." I find this very true with 4 young children, including twins. However, though things are always crazy, we always try to have fun and, most certainly, always love each other.

Sunday, June 7, 2009

I Take it Back!!!!

My last post was all about how awesome it is to have twin two year olds. Well, I am taking that back- I have changed my mind after the day I had yesterday. You may not think that faces like THISEllen
Meghan

could possibly be any trouble, but just listen to my day yesterday.....

1) Aaron had to work, but there was a baptism at the church I really wanted to attend, so I got brave and loaded everyone up to take them by myself. While we made it through the ceremony reasonably well, it was afterwards that I kept losing track of Meghan- often searching somewhat frantically through the church for her because she kept disappearing. All the while, needing to hold on to Ellie so I didn't lose her too.

2) After the baptism, I had to go by the post office to mail a package for Aaron. So, off we all went to the post office- a place I can't STAND going with kids in tow. When we got there, I put the girls in their stroller, cinched the straps a little tighter and in we went. Luckily, we were first in line, with about 5 people following into line behind me. When I went up to the counter, with the stroller next to me, I talked to the lady behind the counter for about 5 seconds to tell her what I wanted to do and I look down to find both Ellen and Meghan running different directions across the post office..... While the lady was asking me questions, I was continually trying to get the girls back in the stroller (how the little Houdini's had gotten out so fast in the first place, I will never know....), but their little bottoms would just hop right out. I couldn't even keep control of them for 5 minutes in the post office! So embarrassing with a room full of people.

3) And now, the grand finale for the day. I have had trouble keeping the girls- especially Meghan- in the house. They can unlock, open and get out of all doors in the house. I have thought about putting the eye hook style locks on them, but that would only work when Aaron and the boys were not outside. Still better than nothing, I suppose. Well, yesterday, I was trying to get the girls ready for a bath before bedtime when Meghan kept running out back where Aaron was working, anytime I had my back turned. After their bath, I dried them off and put their pull up on and went to get their pajamas. When I came back to the living room, Ellie was there, but Meghan was not. I looked around but couldn't find her. I checked out back, but Aaron hadn't seen her come out. I ran back in, a little more worried now and looked out the window to see Meghan out in the front of our house, CLIMBING one of the trellis supports- Ellen starting up behind her- having snuck out while I looked out back for Meghan! Both girls wearing ONLY a pull up. Here is Aaron showing how high she had gotten (this is where her feet were)....So, I was in full panic mode as I ran out to get her, but intentionally tried to appear calm, because I was afraid if she saw me freaking out, she would let go. I can only imagine what the neighbors thought...

This was just one day!

My friend Amy called and spontaniously invited me to go out to a movie with her. I was like, REALLY??? PROMISE?? Let's go! So, we did- we saw "Up" in 3-D- very fun. We then went to Stake and Shake and snacked and talked until 1 am!! Thank you, Amy! You saved me- I really needed that, especially after a day like that!

So, if anyone is interested, I have a couple of girls for sale to a good home......
(just joking- even after all that, I still couldn't imagine getting by without either one of them!!!)



6 comments:

Kelly said...

Oh my!! What a day!! Luckily all days aren't like that, or else you would lose your mind, huh?! I am exhausted just reading all the mayhem that happened yesterday!! You are my hero for not going insane!

Katie said...

Gray likes to unlock the deadbolt, too. It is a little scary.

And the post office? Nothing tops that...really. I had to take all three there last month with two HUGE boxes and a few oversized envelopes. I couldn't even carry the boxes let alone keep tabs on the kids. It was a joke. I feel for you. You can drop them with me ANY time you need to head to the post office and I'll call on you for the same. Deal?

Sara Emily said...

That's why I could NEVER have twins.... I would end up killing them for sure!! You're a strong woman, Amanda!

Autumn said...

CRAZY!!! My word, what an adventure-so funny after your previous post! :)

Breezi said...

Holy Cow! Those two will keep you on your toes :)

They are just so adorable though.. it's probably a good thing. I know that my kids' cuteness has saved their lives more than once!

Lauri said...

I guess you can never let down for even a moment. You must be exhausted all of the time!

I was at McDonalds the other day and a little two year old somehow got out of the playground and ran into the street. Thanks to some fast moving mammas (not the one belonging to the little boy) and an employee from another fast food restaurant across the street AND drivers who were paying attention and came to a screeching stop, the disaster was averted. SCARY!!!