Always Crazy, Always Fun, Always Love

Ray Romano once compared life with twins to living in a frat house. As he put it, "no one sleeps, there is a lot of noise and a lot of throwing up." I find this very true with 4 young children, including twins. However, though things are always crazy, we always try to have fun and, most certainly, always love each other.

Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Why 2 Year Old Twins Are Fun

The title of this post may sound like an oxymoron. You may think that "2 year old twins" and "fun" should not be in the same sentence. There are certainly times I would agree, but I am learning there are definitely perks to having 2 two year olds.

The other day, I was sitting outside clipping coupons while the boys were at school and I was watching the girls play in the yard. I smiled as I watched them playing together and laughing hysterically! It was so fun to watch them truly play "together," not just beside each other, and entertaining each other.It occurred to me that, had there only been one girl, that child wouldn't have let me clip coupons in peace- she would have been bored and wanting me to entertain her. Who would have thought there would be moments it would be EASIER to have twins? Plus, with twins, you get moments like this:

This was at our church memorial day picnic- it was Aaron's idea and it was hilarious! They make us laugh so often!

However, don't get too jealous, things aren't always easier with two. A couple weeks ago, I was walking the girls to the van in a parking lot. I had been holding their hands and as I got to the door of the van, Meghan took off, running into the lot. Ellie was still standing right by the door, so I took off to grab Meghan. I grabbed her before she could get hit by a car, then ran back to Ellie but Ellie was no where insight! She had taken off running around the OTHER side of the van while I had my back turned for that two seconds! Moments like that, I think I will have a heart attack before they reach adulthood.

But, still, moments like the pictures above make it totally worth it!

4 comments:

Kelly said...

Those pics are too cute! Just so you know, I am totally NOT jealous!! I can barely handle the one at a time gig! You are much more capable and amazing!

Leslie said...

Awwwwwwwwww... how adorable! Thank you for letting me live vicariously through you :)

trentnjeanmorello said...

I think you are awesome for having twins and more finding great things about having twins! I have twin sisters and twin neices, while they are fun to have over together, I know that I would not be a good Mom of twins! Way to go! The pictures are great!

tbonegrl said...

Cute pics! I agree...sometimes it is awesome b/c they can entertain each other, sometimes it is a headache when they run in different directions!