Always Crazy, Always Fun, Always Love

Ray Romano once compared life with twins to living in a frat house. As he put it, "no one sleeps, there is a lot of noise and a lot of throwing up." I find this very true with 4 young children, including twins. However, though things are always crazy, we always try to have fun and, most certainly, always love each other.

Thursday, July 16, 2009

How I Knew Aaron Would Be a Good Dad for Boys

My boys have a bit of a fascination with garbage trucks right now. In fact, right now, Kenny wants to be a garbage man when he grows up (as well as a fire fighter and a storm chaser...). The boys especially love front and side loading garbage trucks- the kind where arms on the truck come out, pick up the dumpster, and then dump the garbage and set the can back down- like in our city.

Aaron is way into Legos and has also always been intrigued by moving mechanisms. So, this is what he made. I think this is incredible!!!
This is a front loading garbage truck with 4 dumpsters. It really works by spinning the wheel on the top. I realize a side view may have been more helpful, but here you can see inside . (And pay no attention to the random Lego head in the black dumpster......didn't notice it until I loaded the pictures...)

And, here it is in action:


I frequently joke that I have "5" children. This is one of those times that I am grateful for that.

4 comments:

Breezi said...

Sweet! I can't wait to get to the Lego stage of kids...
Although, I would hate to step on them....

Katie said...

That's freakin' AWESOME! My boys would love that.

Sara Emily said...

How cool!!!

Benjamin Vogt said...

He and I should play sometime. You've seen my 12x12' Lego city I had as a teenager on my website, right?