Always Crazy, Always Fun, Always Love

Ray Romano once compared life with twins to living in a frat house. As he put it, "no one sleeps, there is a lot of noise and a lot of throwing up." I find this very true with 4 young children, including twins. However, though things are always crazy, we always try to have fun and, most certainly, always love each other.

Thursday, August 6, 2009

Hair grows back.......right?!?!?!

Meghan's hair has gotten so very long- honestly, about 1/2 way down her back. It has been so beautiful, and- while I knew I should probably cut it, I just couldn't bare to. While Ellie's hair is very curly, Meghan's hair is quite straight, with the exception of a couple random, adorable ringlets in the back. I knew once I cut it, those would probably be gone for good. So, I was putting it off. But, lately, her hair -which is very thin- has been a little crazy, with her ringlets were starting to grow out. I knew her hair would probably look better cut, but I was still afraid. Here is an example of her hair- this picture was taken yesterday at the Olentangy Indian Caverns (very cool, by the way- more to come on that later...). It actually isn't bad here, but you get an idea of how long and wispy it is. It actually reminds me a bit of Ferrah Fawcett style wispy-ness here.
Earlier today, Ellie's overgrown bangs got the best of me, so I finally trimmed them. Then, even though Meghan's weren't quite as overgrown, I figured they could used a trim as well so I trimmed her bangs. Then, as I looked at the back of her hair, knowing it should be cut, I had a vision and got brave. I pictured right about/slightly above shoulder length- figuring it would look adorable at that length when trimmed well. Welllllllll.... I am very inexperienced and-from the beginning- misjudged the first cut. Now, it is way way short. I can't believe I cut it this short!!! She is still cute, and I know it will grow back, but I don't think I did a very good job.

Here is the front.........


And, here is the back (which is still uneven, but I am not sure how to fix it without ruining it!).........

And, here is the ringlets I cut off the back. Can you believe how long they are?!?! It was a very sad moment for me......

So, I guess I can chalk it up to a learning experience. I think I know where I went wrong (just not sure how to fix it....) and so once it grows out I will probably try again.

7 comments:

Michelle said...

atleast she did not do the cutting herself! lol!! You did a pretty good job and she looks even more adorable and older!

Autumn said...

So when I first read the title I had to scroll down before finishing the post--I was dying to see a picture. I actually think it looks darling. not to say it wasn't what you pictured BUT still darling.

Sara Emily said...

It's fine! But next time Auntie Em will pay for her to go to cookie cutters. :)

Breezi said...

Ellie's hair is adorable!

You get a little more experienced as time goes by... but I know how hard it is to cut those sweet ringlets off...
It breaks your heart!!

Mom2my9 @ 11th Heaven said...

Okay, I love short bobs on girls! They're so much easier! Just take her to the beauty salon and have them fix it. You'll love it!
P.S. I never, EVER try to cut my kids' hair anymore. Bad experiences!

Kelly said...

I have never cut my girls' hair- had a bad experience with Alex's cutting- so I never tried...but honestly, I would go and have someone trim it, just so it grows together- they can even stack it in the back if you wanted- but she is darling no matter what!

Abbey said...

Oh I thought she looked like such a big girl. I think it's cute.