Always Crazy, Always Fun, Always Love

Ray Romano once compared life with twins to living in a frat house. As he put it, "no one sleeps, there is a lot of noise and a lot of throwing up." I find this very true with 4 young children, including twins. However, though things are always crazy, we always try to have fun and, most certainly, always love each other.

Thursday, August 27, 2009

Summer End Review

Well, unbelievably- summer vacation has come to an end and the kids returned to school yesterday. The summer flew by so fast but it was fun! Here are my boys as they headed off to school:


It is so hard to believe that I have a third grader and a first grader!! They have grown so much (literally- Jacob has grown 2 inches just since March!!!) Here is LAST years first day of school....
Their first day went very well and they both like their new teachers. This is a huge blessing, since Kenny had a rough year last year. I am so optimistic about this school year for so many different reasons. We are lucky to be in a school with such great teachers!

As summer comes to a close, I thought it would be fun to review some of the fun we had over the summer. I remember as summer break started, I just wanted to have a lot of fun- to get out and do things. We certainly did. Here is our summer in list form, with a few pictures of events I had not yet posted about:

1) Kenny's cub scout day camp



2) The zoo a few times

3) The pool- frequently

4) The sprayground as well as Ballentrae (another spray park in a fancy schmancy neighborhood)


(the boys are splashing the the fountains at Ballantrae and the girls are rolling down the hill at Ballantrae)

5) The Mother's of Twin's club family picnic



(My friend, Amy, with one of her twins- Amelia)

6) COSI

7)Played in the park with friends
(This is Kenny with Amy's son, Jacob, at the Mothers of Twins Club Picnic- it just fit nice under this heading)

8) Did a tour of some natural caverns used by Native Americans- "mined" for jewels and fed some farm animals










9) Bowling
(See Previous Post)

10) Toured the Anthony Thomas Factory

11) Toured the Whistle Factory

12) Went to a street fair and parade in my home town

(The picture on the left is the girls inside the train- I am sitting behind them. The picture on the right is Amy, my friend who came along, and her twin girls, in the car behind us.)




13) Started Fall Soccer Leagues (here are some pictures of Jacob's first ever soccer practice...pictures of both boys to come later)


So, it was obviously a very busy and fun summer. We spent more days not at home then we did at home. This is how it should be and I am happy it worked out that way. Though, my house has suffered for it and there is definitely a part of me that is glad to have a routine back and to have the opportunity to get my house back in order. Of course, that is what I should be doing now, but got bit by the blogging bug instead. Oh well, it will get there, right??

4 comments:

Mom Janet said...

Your house will survive. It is great that you are able to spend the time with the kids and do all those really cool things that kids like to do. Now a big sigh of relief that the boys are off to school and you can relax with the girls. Love you, Mom Knepp

Katie said...

Your summer sounds way more fun than mine. Your kids look SOOOOOO much older. It's amazing the difference a year makes at that age.

Kelly said...

You had a very full, never a dull moment summer!! I loved reading and looking at your fun family times!! The boys have so changed in a year- wow-
great looking kiddos!!
Have a fun start to a new year!!

Autumn said...

What a fun summer! I love the pic of the boys in the car!!