Always Crazy, Always Fun, Always Love

Ray Romano once compared life with twins to living in a frat house. As he put it, "no one sleeps, there is a lot of noise and a lot of throwing up." I find this very true with 4 young children, including twins. However, though things are always crazy, we always try to have fun and, most certainly, always love each other.

Friday, August 14, 2009

To Plant a Garden II and Meghan Hair Update

As I mentioned before, I am very excited about my first gardening attempt. There has been a huge learning curve as I am learning as I go, but it has been really fun to experience the fruits (or should I say "veggies") of my labors. Just a few pictures to show off:

Our first tomato: (yes, still teeny tiny when most people have actual ripening tomatoes, but- as previously mentioned- I started them from seed over memorial day weekend). So, considering the late start, I was worried about getting tomatoes at all. I was thrilled to see this tiny green ball growing on the plant.

Our first cucumbers: (these plants are growing like crazy!)

Now for an update on Meghan's hair:

After comments from my dear sisters that they would PAY for me to take her somewhere to get it cut- I was reluctant to do so, so I retrimmed it probably 4 times to get it looking better. I thought it looked decent- not perfect, but decent. (The final trim was after Sunday, for those of you who saw her then...) I wish I had gotten a picture to compare, but I did not.

On Wednesday, I took the boys to Amy's house because she had her hairdresser come to her house for a before school hair cutting party. I got the boys' hair cut and she got her hair and her son's hair cut as well as another friend's child there. Made for a very fun morning! After the hairdresser, Carol, found out I had cut Meghan's hair myself, she offered to trim it up a bit around her face. I declined since I thought it was good enough and I didn't want to pay for a 3rd haircut that day. Then, a little later, she again offered and said she wouldn't charge me. I figured she was telling me it needed to be done so I gave in.

Now, it is soooooooo short!!!! It is cute enough- I do like the way the back lays. I don't love the sides, but they are okay. It will grow out. And, I am quite sure she will not get another cut for a long time. She is very cute no matter what, but I am missing her long locks. Here is the most updated look:

1 comment:

Autumn said...

Ohhh. You're right. She is so cute no matter what. I love the picture from the side. I just KNOW I would cut too much if I put scissors to Ellie. I am so chicken. YOU are brave and should be glad because of that fact!