Always Crazy, Always Fun, Always Love

Ray Romano once compared life with twins to living in a frat house. As he put it, "no one sleeps, there is a lot of noise and a lot of throwing up." I find this very true with 4 young children, including twins. However, though things are always crazy, we always try to have fun and, most certainly, always love each other.

Saturday, September 5, 2009

Another year older

Yep.... it is official- I have aged another full year! As of Thursday, September 3, I am officially


I love it when my boys asked how old I was now and I told them and their eyes got big and they said "Whoa!!!!" Yes..... I know, I am getting old!

I actually don't really mind getting older though. I feel like I fit into my skin better at this point in my life than any other- like this is what I am supposed to be doing right now. And, I LOVE birthdays!

Thanks to my awesome family and friends, Thursday was a wonderful day!! Actually, I first celebrated last Sunday when my parents made me dinner at their house. We had "stackemuppies"- one of my favorites! (pronounced "stack em up pees") This has always been my parents word for Taco Salad. Yum!

Then, Thursday, I didn't have to prepare any meal more complicated than cereal for breakfast and pack the boys lunch! Thanks to Aaron's schedule that day, I was able to go to lunch with him and a couple friends and then we went to Max and Erma's for dinner. Between that and the goodies from friends, I stuffed myself to where I was sick when I went to bed. As bad as it may sound, soooooooo worth it!!! My kids gave a few good photo-ops, but I forgot the camera, so instead, I will show off some of the cool things I got!My sister has been complaining about the broken purse I have been carrying around, but I was just to cheap to buy a new one yet. My plan was to try to fix the broken one, but I just never got around to it. Always my fashion adviser, she bought one for me! And, my mom and dad went with her to get me the matching wallet and a Target gift card!
Even though I had a cake on Sunday, my dear friend Amy wanted to make sure I had my own cake for the day, so she bought me her favorite strawberry cake from a local bakery. OH...MY...GOSH!!! Heavenly! Thanks Amy!
From Aaron and the kids, some books and a cool new waffle iron I had been wanting. (I have the entire collection of Dean Koontz books and needed his new ones....)
I had to smile when I pulled up to the house and saw a big box with "Godiva" on the outside and instantly said "Jackie" knowing it had to have been shipped from my awesome friend Jackie, in Nebraska. YUM!!!
And, my cool friend Katie showed up with this very creative dish soap dispenser with a hand made card. I am sooooo impressed. What a cool idea! Thanks! I love it!:)

Last year, on my birthday, I posted 31 random facts about myself. This year, I think I will tell a story my dad told me over and over and over and over and over as I was growing up and STILL likes to tell. He says I ruined over 200 years of tradition when I was born, but I say he did. My great-great grandfather (maybe started even sooner- I don't remember, so I will start there) was 25 years old and had his 2nd child which was a boy (my great-grandfather). When my great-grandfather was 25 years old, he had his 2nd child which was a boy (my grandfather). When my grandfather was 25 years old, he had his 2nd child which was a boy (my dad). When my dad was 25 years old, he had his 2nd child..... it was me!!!!! He said he was so sure I would be a boy- that he didn't believe the doctor when he said girl. Then, I was 25 years old, had my 2nd child- and it was a boy!! (Jacob) So- Jacob is under some pressure here! I say it was my dad's fault that the tradition was ruined because the dad chooses gender.

It is interesting though, that in February, when they found out Mom was expecting me, he predicted I would be born Sep 4 at 1:30 in the morning. I was born Sep 3 at 11:30 pm. Missed it by 2 hours. Not bad!

6 comments:

Katie said...

That is some pretty good guessing on your dad's part. That cake looks divine...and I'll be showing up at your house for waffles one morning soon. Glad your day was so good.

Kelly said...

Glad you had such a great day!! 32 is going to be a great year for you!! I love all the gifts- such a chic new purse and wallet- and gift card too?! Lucky girl!!
Great friends you have-
Love the waffle iron too- I will be over with Katie too!

Breezi said...

Happy Happy Birthday!!!
You got some cool stuff.

I love that cool story of your traditions :)

Aaron said...

I love you Amanda,

I am glad that I was able to provide a good day for you for your birthday.

Being here in our nations capitol overlooking the airport (Dulles International) in this big hotel room just makes me miss you more. Maybe next year we can figure out a way for you to come along on this big trip. It is a good time, but it would only be better with you here.

Happy Birthday my love.

Aaron

Sara Emily said...

I'm glad u had a good day!! You deserved it! So exciting!! and 32 is OLD!! Love you sis!

Autumn said...

How cool about the prediction!!! Happy bday!!