It was also always tradition to go find my dad during 3rd quarter when the band got a break and asking for money to go buy junk food at the concession stand. He was always awesome that way!!!Parents Night 1993- with my sister, Julie, on the left
It was also homecoming night. It took me back to homecoming night as a teenager. You could see the excitement of the contestants for queen/king with the anticipation of-to them- what was one of the most important nights of their life.
The one thing I really noticed is how nothing has changed since I graduated 14 years ago-it was like I had gone back in time. Some examples:
- The band wears similar uniforms and plays the same songs- directed by the same band director I had.
- The homecoming court consisted of a large number of cheerleaders and football players.... as usual!
- The swarms of kids all around the stadium were "dressed" to impress in whatever their individual style was. They stood around in groups feeling grown up and showing off- trying to be cool. Including the shirtless teenage boys painted in school colors!
- The cheerleaders still do the same cheers and even look like the cheerleaders that I went to school with!
- Parents on the bleachers beaming with pride.
-Know-it-alls in the bleachers complaining about the refs and/or being bleacher coaches.
No, nothing has changed since I was in high school.
Well......okay...... just ONE thing......
The high school kids look so YOUNG!!!!!!!!!
(when did I get so old??)