Always Crazy, Always Fun, Always Love

Ray Romano once compared life with twins to living in a frat house. As he put it, "no one sleeps, there is a lot of noise and a lot of throwing up." I find this very true with 4 young children, including twins. However, though things are always crazy, we always try to have fun and, most certainly, always love each other.

Saturday, September 12, 2009

Twin Speak: Tag!

Just a couple stories that had to be shared:

1) The other day, we went to eat a Fazoli's restaurant. While waiting in line to order our food, the girls were getting pretty restless. My efforts to calm them were useless as they started "tagging" each other. A frail old man, bent over and walking slowly, walked in the restaurant. Before I could stop her, Meghan ran up to him laughing, and said "TAG!" and pushed him as hard as she could. The poor guy stumbled back but luckily maintained his balance. I was horrified that my daughter almost knocked him over! I apologized, and thankfully, he was good natured about it. Then, once we got our food, the girls were more interested in using their breadsticks as swords than eating them.

Things like this make me question why we bother going out. I think the purpose is so I won't have to cook for a change- but sometimes going out is just as exhausting as cooking!

2) This morning for breakfast, Ellie chose Honeycomb cereal. She finished her bowl and wanted more, so she said:

"More flower Cheerios, please?" Ha! I will never look at Honeycomb the same again!

3 comments:

Amandean said...

Ok. That has to be on the list of "Cutest ways that kids transform the mundane to poetry."

Breezi said...

That is hilarious! I am so glad they they involve everyone in their games! What a nice way to share and include everyone :)


I do know what you mean about taking kids out and it being more of a headache than something fun. Infact yesterday Chip wanted to go out to dinner. I told him that we weren't going to do a sit-down place.... the kids were already picking on each other. Wendy's it was. ahhh...
I've been told we'll look back on this stage fondly. I have no idea why.

Autumn said...

flower cheerios!! so cute, and so true