Always Crazy, Always Fun, Always Love

Ray Romano once compared life with twins to living in a frat house. As he put it, "no one sleeps, there is a lot of noise and a lot of throwing up." I find this very true with 4 young children, including twins. However, though things are always crazy, we always try to have fun and, most certainly, always love each other.

Saturday, October 31, 2009

Happy Hadoween!!!

(nope...not a typo...will get to that in a minute!)


We have really had a ton of fun this month! I have put off posting the individual activities, so instead, I will just post one big update with a few pictures for each. This has really been a pretty active month for getting out and enjoying the season. Sorry- this is pretty long... Here is a sampling:

1) Mothers of Twins Club Family Fall Harvest Party

This took place at a nearby farm. What a blast! So much to do- the kids never stopped running from one activity to the next. From the pumpkin patch, the hay ride, the bounce houses, the straw maze, the corn box.... they never got bored!

(inside the bounce house...hence the pink tone...)


(we thought this sign was funny. This was in the straw maze. But, there was also a slide for the kids to slide down and you had to climb the straw to go down! )
(happy perfect children pose...)

(normal silly us pose...)


2) Gourd Maracas...

Okay, we learned some things from this and I know how to do them better now, but the kids thought this was cool anyway....

They got gourds from the above farm for free. To make maracas- you are supposed to hallow them out and then let them dry (we didn't get enough of the rind out, I don't think)

Then you fill them with rice or beans and seal them shut. I recommend beans. We did rice and they didn't make much noise- especially against the walls that still had too much rind on them. Plus, a hole cut to fit a dowel rod and then the dowel rod glued in would work better. We tried to use the piece we cut out- forgetting it would shrink as it dried... But, like I said- it was fun anyway! A good experience!

3) Ward Halloween Party

Our ward does an amazing Halloween party every year. No, not a "harvest party" as some PC churches call it. We call it a Halloween party because, well, what is wrong with it?? It is just a fun holiday- nothing sinister or evil about it! Nothing wrong with just having fun now and then. Anyway, it was a Pizza Potluck- such a great idea and more kid friendly then a soup cook offs and such. Like I said, ours is the best! Aaron went as Frankenstein, Kenny as a Ghostbuster, Jacob as Anakin Skywalker, and Ellen & Meghan as Princesses. (which, BTW- I got their dresses for $1 each at the awesome twin sale!!!!) I went as myself wearing a $5 Walmart T-shirt. That is as dressed up as I get!



(I seriously could not find Kenny and get him to stand still for more than 5 seconds to take a picture...)

4) Pumpkin Carving

Nothing much more fun to a kid then spooning pumpkin guts out of the pumpkin we picked in the above picture.....


And the end result..... (taken a few days later because I forgot that night so it isn't at its "best" anymore....)



5) Trick or Treat!

I was babysitting my nephews Kurtis and Joey (Sarah's kids) on trick or treat night, so they came along! Thanks to my sister Julie for coming along and helping! I could not have done it without her! I usually go to the local nursing home because they have awesome trick or treating and the residents love it! So, we went there- went through all the trouble to put car seats in and load everyone. We got up there and there was 5 residents sitting outside passing out candy and that was it because they were not allowing people in due to fears of the flu.... Anyway, we wouldn't have gone if we had known that, but it was still fun and we went back home and did trick or treat around the block.


As we went from house to house, many people said "Happy Halloween!" Ellie picked up on this and thought it was great and ran from house to house saying "Happy Hadoween!!" Soooo cute. Here is a video trying to capture it with her sweet little voice:

video

6) Boo at the Zoo.

We also have an awesome zoo here that does a lot of neat things around Halloween time. We went last night- though I didn't take my camera. That is okay though because there is enough pictures here! It was one of those Ohio indian summer nights with temperatures in the 70's and a breeze going.

7) School Parties

Jacob's class:


(The rules for Jacob's class costumes was "nothing scary or evil".... don't you love it how some parents listen so well???)

Kenny's class:

The rules for Kenny's class was it had to be a career. I thought...."Well, Ghostbusters is a career, isn't it?!?!" But, I didn't want to push the rules, so we went with the doctor outfit we had left over from before. As did the kid sitting next to him and about 3 others in the class! With how well the parents in Jacob's class listened, I probably could have gotten away with the Ghostbuster costume, but that is okay- he looks good as a doctor too!

8) Boat Club Halloween party:

And finally, last but not least, was a Halloween party at the Boat Club on a nearby river that my in-laws are members of. It was a really fun night! We got to hang out with Sarah, Jeff, Kurtis and Joey again as well as Grandpa Chuck, Grandma Debbie and Cousin Dominic! We got to Trick or Treat again!
(The trailors in the back are not permanent residences.... the members all live elsewhere and come here to stay on weekends frequently in the summer) Kenny is not pictured because I think the poor kid was honestly just kind of done with trick or treating and dressing up, so he hung out at the boat club. He just didn't feel like going! At this point, including all the above activities and the play group halloween party the girls went to (which was also a blast and I forgot my camera then too...again, not that it matters at this point- I have a TON of pictures in their costumes obviously!) they got to wear their costumes 4 times each!

They got a TON of candy- I think twice as much from a dozen or so people as they did going around the block the other night!

There were also lots of fun games to play like cookie decorating, bowling, musical chairs and pass the present! The kids had a blast!


And, here is a couple of pictures of my nephew Dominic. Grandpa Chuck helps him bowl and dressed him up as a skeleton for his first ever trick or treating!


So, there is our October in a nutshell. So so much fun- but I am tired and thankful Halloween is done! Now....what to do with all this candy hanging around..... I have it hidden on top of the refrigerator but it isn't working because I still know it is there....

Happy Hadoween!!!

3 comments:

Mom2my9 @ 11th Heaven said...

Such cute kiddos! Love the twin princesses!

Autumn said...

Yeah, and I thought we had a lot-I suppose it only multiplies when you have more kids. What a bargain, $1!!! I love your "I went as my self with $5 shirt from Walmart" HAHA! I love the "Hadoween" and I love how Meghan was so cute in Sacrament meeting today!

Oh yeah-and I'm glad we don't have to be PC, seriously, we aren't praising witches or anything.

Kelly said...

My word, I can barely keep up! No wonder you haven't posted in a while- you have been BUSY!! Loved all the pics- and everyone's costume was adorable, and great! I love halloween!!