Always Crazy, Always Fun, Always Love

Ray Romano once compared life with twins to living in a frat house. As he put it, "no one sleeps, there is a lot of noise and a lot of throwing up." I find this very true with 4 young children, including twins. However, though things are always crazy, we always try to have fun and, most certainly, always love each other.

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Tiger Food

A few weeks ago, we went to the zoo with my sister, Julie. She was getting ready to head back for her LAST quarter in school and wanted to hang with her favorite sister and nieces for the day. We thought it was pretty awesome that she wanted to spend her day with us! She is so much fun and my girls still talk about when they went to the zoo with "Aunt Jewy."
It was such a blast with so much to do! Where else can you get this close to a Tiger, with no fear of danger (despite the fact Meghan looks like she is about to be lunch!).
Ellen and Meghan even got to experience their very first carousel ride, thanks to my sister being there to help. I frequently go with other moms who have kids of their own and so, as little as my girls are, it has been impossible for me to take them on the carousel on my own. But, with Julie there, we could each take a girl. They were so excited! Of course, this was taken right before the ride started, while Ellie was still excited. About a minute into the ride, she decided she had had enough and wanted down......NOW!!!!! Julie had to hold her the rest of the time. Meghan, however, loved every second of it!
Of course, after all that running around, we had to stop for a snack and another cool photo opp.

Or two...... (you can tell who got the pretty genes in the family....)

And, this zoo trip ended just as any good zoo trip should:
Thanks, Julie, for an awesome day!! Days like this make me incredibly grateful for sisters that live close. I honestly don't know what I would do without either one of my two awesome sisters!

6 comments:

Breezi said...

How fun that the girls finally got to go on a carousel ride!
They look adorable!

What a fun day!

Autumn said...

I wish so much I had a local sister--you're a lucky lucky girl!

Julie said...

I am very thankful for my sisters and nieces (brothers and nephews to, but this blog was about girl time)...They are fun!!! Thanks for the blog Mandy...I wanted to show people at work.

Love,
"Jewey"

trentnjeanmorello said...

Sounds like SO much fun! I am glad that you have sisters close, I know that I LOVE having sisters that live close!

Sara Emily said...

I AM Julie's favorite sister and Savanna is Julie's favorite neice!! Sorry bout your luck! She mighta gone to the zoo with YOU but she went to dinner and shopping with ME! :) Although I didn't blog about it.... hm... some sister! :)

Kelly said...

Fun day!! Loved the end of the day with the girls sleeping, huh?! Great sisters rock!!