Always Crazy, Always Fun, Always Love

Ray Romano once compared life with twins to living in a frat house. As he put it, "no one sleeps, there is a lot of noise and a lot of throwing up." I find this very true with 4 young children, including twins. However, though things are always crazy, we always try to have fun and, most certainly, always love each other.

Sunday, November 22, 2009

It Only Took 8 Years.....

for the famous and inevitable question of "Is Santa real?" And, it wasn't our 8 year old that asked but our 6 year old, Jacob. I had just picked them up from school and this is how the conversation went....

J: Mom, is Santa Real?

Me: (thinking, here we go....) Why would you ask that?

J: James P said Santa isn't real! (James P is quite the trouble maker- Jacob is constantly talking about this kid getting in trouble.... I find myself not liking him much at this point too....)

Me: Well, if Santa isn't real, then who puts presents under the tree?

J: (Laughing...) Oh, that is good! I will tell James P that!! (I can tell he is thinking for a few moments then says:) Oh, I bet it is Daddy!!!! (and then laughs hysterically at the idea- as if, how crazy would THAT be...of course that can't be true!)

Kenny: (joins in the conversation, laughing hysterically too) I know- Mommy and Daddy get up in the middle of the night and put presents under the tree! (again, both laugh hysterically at this crazy idea....)

(laughter slowly dies down)

Me: Do you believe Santa is real?

Kenny & Jacob: Yes!!!

Me: Then there is your answer...

And the magic lives on at least a little longer.....

5 comments:

Katie said...

Cute! That is fantastic!

Michelle said...

hahahaha! Good one mom!

Amandean said...

You must be the smartest person I've ever met!

Autumn said...

darling. I LOVE Santa. My mom always said "if you believe, he is real". :) Santa still exists in my family. We STILL get gifts from him! :)

Chip Kohrman said...

My mom always said "If you don't believe, you don't receive."
Let me tell you... I am still a believer.

That was the funniest conversation your boys had. It made me laugh :)