Always Crazy, Always Fun, Always Love

Ray Romano once compared life with twins to living in a frat house. As he put it, "no one sleeps, there is a lot of noise and a lot of throwing up." I find this very true with 4 young children, including twins. However, though things are always crazy, we always try to have fun and, most certainly, always love each other.

Monday, January 4, 2010

Two Big Girls!

Unbelievably, my sweet girls, Ellen and Meghan are now officially three years old!!! I absolutely can not believe they are 3. Really, I thought it was just last week that I was panicking about the upcoming birth of two babies at once and then enduring the grueling sleepless nights. But, no, they are three. They are not even toddlers anymore, but preschoolers!

They are so much fun and literally make me laugh every single day! In the past year, we have enjoyed countless trips to the zoo, library and more, they have learned they love singing, love playing with friends, love going to church and playing in the nursery. They are good at telling stories and love to "read" their books that we have read so many times, they have them memorized! They have been potty trained so we have been diaper free for several months now, and they are figuring out which type of clothes they like and don't like and are getting a little more demanding in that respect and many others.

For their birthday yesterday, we hosted a party for the family at my parents house (since mine is too small....) Here are some fun pictures:
Luckily, it hasn't really occurred to my children to ask for a specific shape of cake- and since I have no talent for cake decorating, I haven't encouraged them to either. They always seem to ask for a certain color- which is easy enough with white cake mix and food coloring. Ellie wanted purple cake and Meghan wanted orange cake, so this was my solution.


Ellie loves to cuddle with Aunt Julie! She always smells like her perfume when we come home after visiting with Aunt Julie!

And of course, there were lots of fun presents!

Of course, the balloons from Auntie Em were a HUGE hit!

I found this cool "My little Pony" castle with all of the accessories used from another twin mom. They LOVE it!

When the party was over and all cleaned up, they didn't want to leave. I got their coats on and Ellie disappeared and I couldn't find her. I searched through the house and finally found her as content as can be! (Again, note the balloon string right next to her- they wouldn't let them go!)

Then, today for their birthday, we had a play date with their friends Sophia and Amelia (and my friend, Amy!) We went to Chick-fil-A for lunch and played in their play place. What a blast!
Here is Sophia and Meghan (my only somewhat successful picture of Amy's kids for the day....)





And, much to my girls delight, Aunt Julie got to join us for lunch too!!!
The girls were sure to model their adorable new outfits that Aunt Julie bought for them!
She bought them "pretty pants"- pants with a girlie design on them. We only had a couple pairs before and Ellie is really into seeing what is on her pants everyday and is very disappointed if they are plain, so these were just their style! And, the sweaters with the T's under them are just adorable on them!

So, tonight, we will have one of their favorite meals for dinner- waffles! They don't eat dinner well, but they eat breakfast, so we will go that route! And, we will no doubt enjoy some left over cupcakes from yesterday!

Not sure if I have said this before on this blog or not, but when Kenny (my oldest) was a baby, I babysat another baby his age. I remember saying "Wow- this is what it would be like to have twins- I am so glad one goes home at the end of the day! I hope I never have twins!" So, it was ironic that I ended up with twins. However, I can correct my statement by saying "I never knew I wanted twins!" It has seriously been one of the more challenging and yet rewarding and fun experiences of my life!

Happy Birthday, Ellen and Meghan!! You are so loved!

6 comments:

Breezi said...

YAY! Happy Birthday Ellen and Meghan! They are growing up like weeds :)
I love their new birthday outfits, and those cupcakes were adorable too.

Wendy said...

Great photos! They do grow up so fast don't they? It's hard to believe how tiny they were when they now seem like such little people with their growing opinions and ideas. Love the cupcakes!

Autumn said...

Hi stranger! I'm behind here...happy bday to your little girlies. I was thinking of them last week. Great cake solution!

How fun that you let your kiddies stay up so late. What fun for everyone! Love the dress up pic too.

trentnjeanmorello said...

Happy Birthday! I can't believe that they are three...I remember when they first came to church...

Katie said...

two birthdays at once actually seems kinda fun...twice the birthday excitement. They really are both so sweet and full of personality. I love those girls.

Kelly said...

so fun!! Happy birthday, girls! I was just thinking of how I can't believe they are 3 now!! Congrats to you too!!