Always Crazy, Always Fun, Always Love

Ray Romano once compared life with twins to living in a frat house. As he put it, "no one sleeps, there is a lot of noise and a lot of throwing up." I find this very true with 4 young children, including twins. However, though things are always crazy, we always try to have fun and, most certainly, always love each other.

Thursday, February 18, 2010

They've Got Talent!

Last weekend, our primary (that is the organization in church for children 3-12) did a talent show to give the kids a chance to show their stuff a bit. It was truly amazing how much talent we have in our group. We saw performances by singers, piano players, artists, tumblers, air guitarists, sign language singers, lip syncers, cookie bakers and more! Every act was truly entertaining and the kids did a great job.

My boys were no exception! I will brag about them a little now! (my kids, my blog, I'm allowed!) Jacob chose to play his upcoming recital piece for the piano class he has been taking. I am so impressed with Jacob- he did just amazing! He has only been playing since November but plays like someone who has been playing longer. He truly seems a natural at it. He enjoys his class, but there are several others in the class and I think he would do well with one-on-one attention of a private teacher. That is something we are working on starting here in a month or two. Here, for your viewing pleasure:
video


Kenny also participated and did a great job! He is in the same piano class as Jacob and is doing very well also, but he doesn't love it as much as Jacob so he didn't want to perform a piece for the talent show. He chose to demonstrate a different hobby. He loves to build with Legos. And, thanks to his father- he is pretty good at it! Kenny has managed to build things as complicated as garbage trucks with the arms that reach out and grab the trash cans (along with the trash cans to go with it!) For this day, he chose to build a flying car. I think this video of him describing what he did is hilarious. He did a great job explaining it!!!


I am truly proud of both of my boys! I seriously wonder sometimes how so quickly they went from these tiny babies in my arms to the growing boys developing their own talents and thriving! Just makes me wonder what they will grow to be.

5 comments:

Jenn said...

Amanda, you have every reason to be proud, they are very talented and fun boys. I'm going to miss them :)

Breezi said...

They are adorable! How awesome you were able to catch this all on film!

No wonder your one proud mama! They are awesome.

Katie said...

I LOVED watching KEnny talk about his lego car. He is most definitely an entertainer.

And Jacobs piano skills blew me away.

Sara Emily said...

So impressive!! :) Your boys do have talent!!

Autumn said...

Lets hear it for the boyyyys! Oh lets give the boy a ha-ay-ay-ayand! Lets hear it for my bebe...you know you gotta understand....

That song just popped into my head-very appropriate! Yes, they did great! I laugh just hearing Kenny saying "I never thought I'd finish it..." So cool. One of my nephews is mega into legos. Its definitely a talent-I don't know if I could create anything like it. Also Jacob-Jake and I were both blown away. We looked at each other like-whoa! We had no idea. Its definitely fun to let everyone see things like this so we can know our primary kiddos better-even our good friends kids better!